Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

Version of section 259 from 2016-09-30 to 2017-04-30:

Marginal note:Prescribed documents

 For the purposes of subsection 148(1) of the Act, the following documents that a person requires under the Act to enter Canada are prescribed:

  • (a) a travel document referred to in subsection 31(3) of the Act;

  • (b) refugee travel papers issued by the Minister;

  • (c) a document referred to in subsection 50(1) or 52(1);

  • (d) a temporary travel document referred to in section 151;

  • (e) a visa referred to in section 6 or subsection 7(1);

  • (f) a permanent resident card; and

  • (g) an electronic travel authorization referred to in section 7.1.

  • SOR/2015-46, s. 1
  • SOR/2016-37, ss. 4(F), 14

Date modified: