Marginal note:Fee — $230
Marginal note:Payment of fees
(2) The fee referred to in subsection (1) is payable before the foreign national to whom the offer of employment is made makes an application for a work permit or an application for renewal of the work permit.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/2019-174, s. 15]
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2019-174, s. 15]
(4.1) An employer who is exempt from the application of sections 209.11 and 209.2 under section 209.91 is not required to pay the fee referred to in subsection (1).
(5) An employer is not required to pay the fee referred to in subsection (1) if the offer of employment is made to a foreign national — other than a person referred to in paragraph 299(2)(i) — who under subsection 299(2) is not required to pay a fee for processing an application for a work permit.
(6) The fee referred to in subsection (1) is remitted, and must be repaid by the Minister to the person who paid it, if
Marginal note:Maximum fee
(7) The total amount of fees payable under subsection (1) by an employer who has made offers of employment to a group of three or more foreign nationals, consisting of performing artists and their staff, is $690, if those offers are made at the same time.
- SOR/2015-25, s. 6
- SOR/2018-26, s. 4
- SOR/2019-174, s. 15
- Date modified: