On-Road Vehicle and Engine Emission Regulations
26 (1) For the purposes of subparagraph 162(1)(b)(i) of the Act, a company shall obtain NOX emission credits for its fleets of the 2017 and earlier model years if the average NOX value in respect of a fleet of a specific model year is lower than the fleet average NOX standard for the model year in question and the company reports the credits in its end of model year report.
(2) NOx emission credits, expressed in units of vehicle-grams per mile, shall be calculated using the following formula, rounding the result to the nearest whole number:
(A - B) x C
- is the fleet average NOx standard
- is the average NOx value in respect of the fleet, and
- is the total number of vehicles in the fleet.
(3) The NOx emission credits for a specific model year are credited on the last day of that model year.
- SOR/2015-186, s. 32
- Date modified: