Small Vessel Regulations
(2) No person shall permit fuel or oil to be discharged from a vessel except in accordance with the provisions relating to discharges of oil or oily mixtures in the Vessel Pollution and Dangerous Chemicals Regulations.
(3) No person shall fuel a vessel that is at dockside or beached unless
(4) No person shall fuel a vessel that is equipped with a fixed fuel tank unless all electrical equipment is switched off, all doors, windows and ports are closed, all engines are shut off and all open flames, including pilot lights, are extinguished.
(5) No person shall carry gaseous fuel, naphtha, liquefied petroleum gas or compressed natural gas on board a vessel that is carrying passengers. However, liquefied petroleum gas may be carried on board the vessel if
(a) the quantity of liquefied petroleum gas does not exceed 30 kg;
(b) the gas cylinders are well secured and are protected from damage and from the effects of excessive variations in temperature;
(c) the gas cylinders are stored in an open space or in a well-ventilated location; and
(d) in a decked vessel, the gas cylinders are stored on an open deck in a manner that will not permit the ingress or accumulation of the gas below deck.
(6) No person shall carry fuel on board a vessel in a portable container that has not been designed to carry fuel.
- SOR/2016-163, s. 44
- Date modified: