PART 14Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes (continued)
DIVISION 1Holders of Licence for Sale (continued)
Amendment to Registration
Marginal note:Amendment to registration
285 (1) If there is a change in respect of any of the information provided under section 279, the client — or, if applicable, an adult who is responsible for them — must, without delay, submit an application to amend the registration to the holder of the licence for sale unless the client has ceased to ordinarily reside in Canada.
Marginal note:Content of application
(2) The application must include the following information and documents:
(a) the new information;
(b) if there has been a change to the information referred to in paragraph 279(2)(a), proof of the change;
(c) if applicable, the statement of the health care practitioner consenting to receive cannabis products on behalf of the client, as required by subsection 280(1);
(d) if the application is being submitted by an adult who is responsible for the client but who is not a named responsible adult, the given name, surname and date of birth of the adult; and
(e) a statement, signed and dated by the individual who is submitting the application, confirming that
(i) the client ordinarily resides in Canada,
(ii) the information included in the application is correct and complete,
(iii) in the case where the individual who is signing the statement is not the client, they are responsible for the client, and
(iv) in the case where the individual who is signing the statement is neither the client nor a named responsible adult, the client and any named responsible adults have been notified of the application.
(3) The new information that is included in the application under paragraph (2)(a) must meet the applicable requirements set out in section 279.
Marginal note:Obligation to amend
(4) The holder of the licence for sale must, if they receive an application that complies with subsections (2) and (3), amend the client’s registration and provide them with an updated registration document.
Marginal note:New responsible adult
(5) If a registration is amended on the basis of an application that is signed by an adult who is neither the client nor a named responsible adult, the name of the adult who signed the application must be included in the updated registration document.
Revocation of Registration
Marginal note:Revocation of registration
(a) the client — or, if applicable, a named responsible adult — requests it;
(b) the medical document that forms the basis for the registration is transferred to another holder of a licence for sale under section 287;
(c) the holder has reasonable grounds to believe the client has ceased to ordinarily reside in Canada or ceased to have a shipping address in Canada;
(d) the holder has reasonable grounds to believe that
(i) the registration was made on the basis of false or misleading information provided in, or false or falsified documents provided in support of, the registration application, or
(ii) false or misleading information was, or false or falsified documents were, provided in, or in support of, an amendment application under section 285;
(e) the health care practitioner who provided the medical document notifies the holder in writing that the use of cannabis by the client is no longer supported for clinical reasons;
(f) if the registration is based on a registration certificate, the holder becomes aware that the registration with the Minister has been revoked; or
(g) the client dies.
Marginal note:Revocation for business reason
(2) A holder of a licence for sale may revoke a client’s registration for a business reason.
Marginal note:Revocation of all registrations
(3) A holder of a licence for sale whose licence is revoked must, without delay, revoke the registrations of all of their clients and send each client a written notice that sets out the reason for the revocation.
(4) Before revoking a registration under subsection (1) or (2), the holder must send the client a written notice that sets out the reason for the proposed revocation unless
(a) the client has requested that the registration be revoked or that the medical document that forms the basis for the registration be transferred;
(b) the named responsible adult, if any, who signed the most recent statement that was included in an application that was submitted under section 279 or 285 to the holder in respect of the client has requested that the registration be revoked or that the medical document that forms the basis for the registration be transferred;
(c) the client — or, if applicable, the named responsible adult referred to in paragraph (b) — has consented to the transfer of the medical document that forms the basis for the registration;
(d) the client has died; or
(e) the holder has received a notice of revocation referred to in subsection 319(1) in respect of the client.
Marginal note:Opportunity to be heard
(5) If the holder sends a notice under subsection (4), the holder must not revoke the registration unless the client has had 10 days after the day on which they receive the notice to provide reasons why the revocation is unfounded.
Marginal note:Medical document
(6) If the holder revokes a registration that is based on a medical document, they must, without delay, return the document to the client unless
Marginal note:Notice to Minister
(7) If the holder revokes a registration that is based on a registration certificate, they must, as soon as feasible, provide the Minister with a notice that includes the following information:
Transfer of Medical Documents
Marginal note:Transfer of medical document
(a) the client — or, if applicable, a named responsible adult — requests, or consents to, the transfer;
(b) the holder to which the document is to be transferred consents to the transfer; and
(c) no revocation of the registration is pending for a reason referred to in any of paragraphs 286(1)(c) to (g).
Marginal note:Requirement to send information
(2) The holder that transfers the medical document must send the information contained in the client’s registration document to the holder to which the document is transferred.
Marginal note:Requirement to register
(3) The holder to which the medical document is transferred must, after receiving the information referred to in subsection (2), register the client and comply with the requirements set out in subsection 282(2).
Indication of Date of Registration
Marginal note:Requirement to indicate date of registration
288 (1) A holder of a licence for sale must, before returning a medical document under subsection 286(6) or transferring such a document under section 287, indicate the following information on the document in indelible ink if no date of registration appears on the document:
Marginal note:Previously registered clients
(2) For greater certainty, the obligation in subsection (1) applies in respect of the medical document of an individual who was not registered under this Part but who is a client of the holder by virtue of subsection 158(7) of the Act.
- Date modified: