Canadian International Trade Tribunal Rules
24 (1) The Tribunal shall proceed by way of notice of motion if
(a) it decides not to proceed by way of written request under rule 23.1; or
(b) these Rules so specify.
(2) A notice of motion shall be in writing and set out
(a) a clear and concise statement of the facts, which must be accompanied by an affidavit if the Tribunal so directs; and
(b) the decision or order sought and the grounds for seeking it.
(3) A notice of motion given by a party shall be filed with the Secretary and served on the parties not less than three days before the day fixed for the commencement of the hearing.
(4) Any party who wishes to answer a notice of motion shall file a written answer with the Secretary and serve a copy of it on the other parties.
(5) Where a party wishes to submit a document in support of a notice of motion or answer, the document shall accompany the notice or answer in question and the party shall file it with the Secretary and serve a copy of it on the other parties.
(6) Unless the Tribunal directs otherwise, a decision or order on a notice of motion shall be made in writing.
(7) Notwithstanding subrules (2) to (5), a notice of motion in connection with a matter that has not come to the attention of a party prior to the commencement of a hearing may be given orally at the hearing and shall be disposed of in accordance with such procedure as the Tribunal may direct.
- SOR/2000-139, s. 13
- Date modified: