Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (SOR/92-620)
- HTMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [292 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [590 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2019-11-30. Previous Versions
104.1 (1) The following sources of income are prescribed for the purposes of subsection 78(2) of the Act:
(a) employment in the community while on work release or conditional release;
(b) employment in a penitentiary provided by a third party;
(c) a business operated by the offender;
(d) hobby craft or custom work; and
(e) a pension from a private or government source.
(2) Deductions may be made under paragraph 78(2)(a) of the Act for the purpose of reimbursing Her Majesty in right of Canada for
(a) the costs of food, accommodation and work-related clothing provided to the offender by the Service; and
(b) the administrative costs associated with the access to telephone services provided to the offender by the Service.
(3) The Service shall make the deduction referred to in paragraph 78(2)(a) of the Act before depositing the offender’s earnings into the Inmate Trust Fund.
(4) The Commissioner is authorized to fix, by Commissioner’s Directive, the amount or maximum amount of any deduction made pursuant to paragraph 78(2)(a) of the Act and the amount to be reimbursed, by percentage or otherwise, pursuant to paragraph 78(2)(b) of the Act.
(5) Subject to subsections (7) and 111(3), where an offender fails to pay an amount to Her Majesty in right of Canada pursuant to paragraph 78(2)(b) of the Act, the Service shall withdraw such moneys either at one time or at regular intervals from the offender’s Inmate Trust Fund account until the amount owing is paid.
(6) Any amount owing to Her Majesty in right of Canada by an offender pursuant to paragraph 78(2)(b) of the Act is a debt to the Crown that may be collected by the Service in accordance with this section or the Financial Administration Act.
(7) Where the institutional head determines, on the basis of information that is supplied by an offender, that a deduction or payment of an amount that is referred to in this section will unduly interfere with the ability of the offender to meet the objectives of the offender’s correctional plan or to meet basic needs or family or parental responsibilities, the institutional head shall reduce or waive the deduction or payment to allow the offender to meet those objectives, needs or responsibilities.
- SOR/96-108, s. 2
- SOR/2013-181, s. 6
- Date modified: