Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (SOR/92-620)
- HTMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [292 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [590 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-20 and last amended on 2019-11-30. Previous Versions
65 (1) For the purposes of section 55 of the Act, where an offender is required by a staff member to submit to urinalysis at regular intervals, the regular intervals shall be determined by assessing, in accordance with subsection (2), the risk of the offender not complying with a condition referred to in that section.
(2) In making an assessment pursuant to subsection (1), the following factors shall be taken into consideration:
(a) the offender’s record of substance abuse;
(b) offences committed by the offender that were linked to substance abuse and for which the offender has been found guilty;
(c) the ability of the offender to rehabilitate and reintegrate into the community, taking into account the offender’s behavioural and emotional stability; and
(d) the program and treatment needs of the offender.
(3) For the purposes of section 55 of the Act, where an offender is required to submit to urinalysis at regular intervals, the offender shall be informed of the length of the intervals.
(4) Where, pursuant to subsection 57(2) of the Act, an offender makes representations respecting the length of the intervals, the urinalysis program co-ordinator shall review the representations and confirm or vary the length of the intervals.
- Date modified: