(3) These Regulations do not apply in respect of fishing in the Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site.
- SOR/2002-225, s. 15
- SOR/2002-380, s. 2
4 Subject to these Regulations, no person shall molest or injure fish.
5 No person shall fish for, or catch and retain, any species of fish set out in the table to this section.
|Item||Species of Fish|
|1||Charlotte unarmored stickleback|
(2) A person who is alone in a boat may angle with two fishing lines in a lake.
- SOR/98-545, s. 2
- SOR/2001-156, s. 2(F)
7 No person shall angle with a fishing line to which is attached a weight that is greater than one kilogram.
(2) A person may angle in the tidal portion of the Fraser River with two hooks, artificial lures or artificial flies, attached to a fishing line.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), a person may angle in tidal waters with any number of hooks attached to a fishing line if the hooks are used in combination to hold a single piece of bait.
(4) A person who is angling in tidal waters for herring, northern anchovy, Pacific sand lance or squid may use any number of hooks on a fishing line.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 3(F)
9 No person shall fish with a dip net unless
(a) it is hung on a frame that measures no more than 90 cm in its greatest dimension;
(b) the frame is attached to a handle; and
(c) the bottom of the dip net is closed to form a bag that is no longer than 1.5 times the greatest dimension of the frame.
(a) use a light in any manner to attract fish, unless the light is submerged and attached to a fishing line within 1 m of the fish hook;
(b) catch or attempt to catch fish with snares; or
(c) wilfully foul hook or attempt to foul hook any fish other than herring, northern anchovy, Pacific sand lance and squid.
(2) No person who accidentally foul hooks a fish in a lake or stream shall retain the fish.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 4(F)
Angling from a Vessel
11 No person shall angle from a vessel that is equipped with a motor in the waters set out in column I of an item of Schedule II situated in the M.U. set out in column II of that item during the period set out in column III of that item.
12 No person shall angle from a vessel in the waters set out in column I of an item of Schedule III situated in the M.U. set out in column II of that item during the period set out in column III of that item.
13 (1) No person shall possess more fish of a species, other than halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence, than twice the daily quota for fish of that species prescribed by these Regulations.
(2) No person shall possess more than 3 halibut, except at the person’s ordinary residence.
14 No person on board a vessel shall possess any halibut taken by sport fishing if there are any other fish on board the vessel that are destined for sale, trade or barter.
PART IFishing in Tidal Waters
15 This Part applies to fishing in tidal waters.
16 The definitions in this section apply in this Part.
- conservation stamp
conservation stamp means a stamp issued under section 17 that bears the words “salmon conservation/conservation du saumon” and the year for which the conservation stamp is valid. (timbre de conservation)
licence means a tidal waters sport fishing licence issued under section 17. (permis)
Licences and Conservation Stamps
17 The Minister may issue a licence or a conservation stamp to a person on request and on payment of the applicable fee set out in the table to this section.
Licence and Conservation Stamp Fees
|Item||Column I||Column II|
|Licence or conservation stamp||Fee ($)|
|1||Licence, resident under 16 years of age, annual||No Charge|
|2||Licence, resident 16 to 64 years of age, annual||21.00|
|3||Licence, resident 65 years of age or older, annual||11.00|
|4||Licence, resident, five-day||16.00|
|5||Licence, resident, three-day||11.00|
|6||Licence, resident, one-day||5.25|
|7||Licence, non-resident under 16 years of age, annual||No Charge|
|8||Licence, non-resident 16 years of age or older, annual||101.00|
|9||Licence, non-resident, five-day||31.00|
|10||Licence, non-resident, three-day||19.00|
|11||Licence, non-resident, one-day||7.00|
- For the purposes of this table, resident means a person who normally resides in Canada.
- SOR/96-138, s. 1
- SOR/98-545, s. 3
- Date modified: