Mackenzie Valley Land Use Regulations
16 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (5), after completing a land-use operation, a permittee shall remove all structures, temporary buildings, machinery, equipment, materials, fuel drums and other storage containers and any other items used in connection with the operation
(a) unless otherwise authorized by a document granting a right to, or interest in, the land; or
(b) unless the owner of the lands on which the items are located has, by written notice to the Board, assumed responsibility for those items.
(2) With the prior written authorization of the Board and, in the case of settlement lands, Tlicho lands, Déline lands or other private lands, of the landowner, a permittee may store, in a manner, at a location and for a duration approved by the Board, the items referred to in subsection (1) that the permittee requires for a future land-use operation or other operation in the area.
(3) The Board may, on written request, issue an authorization under subsection (2) for a period of up to one year.
(3.1) On the expiry of an authorization issued under subsection (2), the Board may, on written request, issue a maximum of one subsequent authorization for a period of up to one year for the same operation.
(4) A copy of any authorization issued by the Board under subsection (2) shall be delivered to the landowner.
(5) A permittee may, with the approval of the landowner, leave diamond drill cores at a drill site.
- SOR/2006-253, s. 4
- SOR/2013-166, s. 9
- SOR/2016-128, ss. 6, 18(F)
- Date modified: