Marginal note:Books to be kept by trustee
26. (1) The trustee shall keep proper books and records of the administration of each estate to which he is appointed, in which shall be entered a record of all moneys received or disbursed by him, a list of all creditors filing claims, the amount and disposition of those claims, a copy of all notices sent out, the original signed copy of all minutes, proceedings had, and resolutions passed at any meeting of creditors or inspectors, court orders and all such other matters or proceedings as may be necessary to give a complete account of his administration of the estate.
Marginal note:Trustee’s records to be property of estate
(2) The estate books, records and documents relating to the administration of an estate are deemed to be the property of the estate, and, in the event of any change of trustee, shall forthwith be delivered to the substituted trustee.
Marginal note:Records may be inspected
(3) The trustee shall permit the books, records and documents referred to in subsection (2) to be inspected and copies of them made by the Superintendent, the bankrupt or any creditor or their representative at any reasonable time.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-3, s. 26;
- 1997, c. 12, s. 20;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 21.
Marginal note:Reports by trustee
27. (1) The trustee shall from time to time report,
(a) when required by the inspectors, to every creditor,
(b) when required by any specific creditor, to the creditor, and
(c) when required by the Superintendent, to the Superintendent or the creditors,
showing the condition of the bankrupt’s estate, the moneys on hand, if any, and particulars of any property remaining unsold.
(2) The trustee is entitled to charge against the estate of the bankrupt, for the preparation and delivery of any report referred to in subsection (1), only his actual disbursements.
- R.S., c. B-3, s. 13.
Marginal note:Documents to be forwarded to Superintendent
28. (1) The trustee shall, without delay after their receipt or preparation, send to the Superintendent, in the prescribed manner, true copies of the documents referred to in section 155 and a true copy of
(a) the notice referred to in section 102,
(b) the statement referred to in paragraph 158(d),
(c) the trustee’s final statement of receipts and disbursements and the dividend sheet, and
(d) every order made by the court on the application for discharge of a bankrupt or annulling any bankruptcy,
and file a copy of the documents referred to in paragraphs (b) and (c) in the court.
Marginal note:Notices, etc., to be forwarded to Superintendent
(2) The trustee shall forward promptly to the Superintendent copies of all notices, reports and statements sent by him to the creditors and, when required, copies of such other documents as the Superintendent may specify.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-3, s. 28;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 12, c. 27, s. 11;
- 2005, c. 47, s. 21.
- Date modified: