Marginal note:Process for resolution of disputes of support staff
(a) the process for resolution of a dispute applicable to employees of the Service in a bargaining unit determined for the purposes of that Act is by the referral of the dispute to arbitration; and
(b) the process for resolution of a dispute referred to in paragraph (a) shall not be altered pursuant to that Act.
Marginal note:Public Service Superannuation Act
(2) Employees of the Service shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 9;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 144(E), 225(E).
9.1 [Repealed, 2003, c. 22, s. 145]
10. The Director and every employee shall, before commencing the duties of office, take an oath of allegiance and the oaths set out in the schedule.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 10.
11. A certificate purporting to be issued by or under the authority of the Director and stating that the person to whom it is issued is an employee or is a person, or a person included in a class of persons, to whom a warrant issued under section 21 or 23 is directed is evidence of the statements contained therein and is admissible in evidence without proof of the signature or official character of the person purporting to have issued it.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 11.
Duties and Functions of Service
Marginal note:Collection, analysis and retention
12. The Service shall collect, by investigation or otherwise, to the extent that it is strictly necessary, and analyse and retain information and intelligence respecting activities that may on reasonable grounds be suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada and, in relation thereto, shall report to and advise the Government of Canada.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 12.
Marginal note:Security assessments
13. (1) The Service may provide security assessments to departments of the Government of Canada.
Marginal note:Arrangements with provinces
(2) The Service may, with the approval of the Minister, enter into an arrangement with
(a) the government of a province or any department thereof, or
(b) any police force in a province, with the approval of the Minister responsible for policing in the province,
authorizing the Service to provide security assessments.
Marginal note:Arrangements with foreign states
(3) The Service may, with the approval of the Minister after consultation by the Minister with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, enter into an arrangement with the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof or an international organization of states or an institution thereof authorizing the Service to provide the government, institution or organization with security assessments.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 13;
- 1995, c. 5, s. 25.
- Date modified: