PROCUREMENT OF DEFENCE SUPPLIES
Marginal note:Appointment and employment
3. (1) Such officers, clerks and employees as are necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the Department under this Act may be appointed in the manner authorized by law but the Minister may
(a) with the approval of the Treasury Board, employ such technical or other temporary employees as the Minister deems necessary and, with its approval, fix the remuneration of, and prescribe the travel or other expenses that may be incurred by, those employees; and
(b) employ any person to hold a position under this Act for a period not exceeding sixty days and fix the remuneration of, and prescribe the travel or other expenses that may be incurred by, that person.
(2) Where the Governor in Council decides that it is not practicable or is not in the public interest to apply subsection (1) to any position or employee or any class thereof, the Governor in Council may exclude that position or employee or that class in whole or in part from the provisions of subsection (1) and may make such regulations as the Governor in Council deems advisable with respect to employment therein, including appointment, organization, classification, rates of compensation and terms and conditions of employment.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 3.
Marginal note:Minister’s functions dischargeable by persons deputed by Minister
4. The Minister may authorize any person, on behalf and under the control and direction of the Minister, to do any act or thing or to exercise any power that the Minister may do or exercise under this Act.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 4.
Marginal note:Appointment of persons to advise and aid Minister
5. The Governor in Council may appoint advisers and establish advisory and other boards, composed of such members as the Governor in Council may appoint, to advise or aid the Minister, which advisers and boards are to perform such duties and exercise such powers as he may designate, and may fix the remuneration and expenses to be paid to persons appointed under this section.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 5.
6. (1) If the Minister considers that it is likely to facilitate the carrying out of the purposes and provisions of this Act, the Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, procure the incorporation of any one or more corporations for the purpose of undertaking or carrying out any acts or things that the Minister is authorized to undertake or carry out under this Act.
Marginal note:Removal and appointment
(2) The Minister may remove any members, directors or officers of a corporation incorporated under this section at any time and may appoint others in their stead or may appoint additional persons as members thereof.
Marginal note:Agent of Her Majesty
(3) A corporation incorporated under this section is for all purposes an agent of Her Majesty and it may exercise its powers only as an agent of Her Majesty.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 6.
- Date modified: