27. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 137]
Marginal note:Use of explosives prohibited
28. No one shall hunt or kill fish or marine animals of any kind, other than porpoises, whales, walruses, sea-lions and hair seals, by means of rockets, explosive materials, explosive projectiles or shells.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 26.
Marginal note:Obstructing passage of fish or waters
29. (1) No person shall erect, use or maintain any seine, net, weir or other fishing appliance that
(a) unduly obstructs the passage of fish in any Canadian fisheries waters, whether subject to any exclusive right of fishery or not; or
(b) obstructs more than two thirds of the width of any river or stream or more than one third of the width of the main channel at low tide of any tidal stream.
(2) The Minister or a fishery officer may order the removal of or remove any seine, net, weir or other fishing appliance that, in the opinion of the Minister or fishery officer, results in an obstruction referred to in paragraph (1)(a) or (b).
Marginal note:Tidal streams
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), if a tidal stream has no main channel at low tide, then the tidal stream’s width is considered to be the width of its main channel.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 29;
- 2012, c. 31, s. 173.
30. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 138]
Marginal note:Permit required
31. (1) No one shall catch, fish for, take, buy, sell, possess or export any fish for the purposes of converting it into fish meal, manure, guano or fertilizer, or for the manufacture or conversion of the fish into oil, fish meal or manure or other fertilizing product, except under authority of the Minister.
Marginal note:Exception by Minister
(2) The Minister may, by notice published in the Canada Gazette, except any kind or kinds of fish from the operation of all or any part of subsection (1).
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 29.
32. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 139]
Marginal note:Unlawful sale or possession
33. No person shall purchase, sell or possess any fish that has been caught in contravention of this Act or the regulations.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 33;
- 1991, c. 1, s. 8.
- Date modified: