Marginal note:Binding on Her Majesty
3. This Act is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
ASSOCIATION OF CANADA LANDS SURVEYORS
Marginal note:Association is continued
4. The Association of Canada Lands Surveyors, a corporation incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act, being chapter C-32 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, is hereby continued under this Act.
Marginal note:Status and composition of Association
5. The Association is a body corporate consisting of a governing body and members.
6. The objects of the Association are
(a) to establish and maintain standards of qualifications for Canada Lands Surveyors;
(b) to regulate Canada Lands Surveyors;
(c) to establish and maintain standards of conduct, knowledge and skill among members of the Association and permit holders;
(d) to govern the activities of members of the Association and permit holders;
(e) to cooperate with other organizations for the advancement of surveying; and
(f) to perform the duties and exercise the powers that are imposed or conferred on the Association by this Act.
Marginal note:Minister may act in place of Association
7. The Minister may take such measures as the Minister considers appropriate to fulfil any object of the Association if the Minister is of the opinion that the Association is not fulfilling it.
Marginal note:Capacity of Association
8. In carrying out its objects, the Association has the capacity of a natural person.
Marginal note:Association not agent of Her Majesty
9. The Association is not an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Head office
10. The head office of the Association shall be located in Canada at the place stated in the by-laws.
Marginal note:Annual meeting
11. (1) The Association shall hold an annual general meeting, within six months after the end of its fiscal year, at a time and place within Canada as may be designated by the Council.
Marginal note:Other meetings
(2) The Association may hold other general or special meetings as it considers necessary.
PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION
Marginal note:President and Vice-President
12. (1) The President and Vice-President of the Association shall be appointed or elected in accordance with the by-laws.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(2) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the President of the Association, or if that office is vacant, the Vice-President of the Association has all the powers of and may exercise and perform all of the duties of the President of the Association.
- Date modified: