5. No person who has any pecuniary interest, direct or indirect, individually or as a shareholder or partner or otherwise, in commercial film activity is eligible for appointment to the Board.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 5.
Marginal note:Fees and expenses
6. A member of the Board, other than the Commissioner, the executive director of Telefilm Canada or a member of the Board who is a member of the federal public administration, may be paid such fee for each meeting of the Board that the member attends as may be fixed by by-law of the Board, and the members of the Board are entitled to be paid actual travel and living expenses necessarily incurred in connection with the business of the Board.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-8, s. 6;
- 1995, c. 29, s. 58;
- 2002, c. 17, s. 14;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
7. (1) The Board shall meet at the call of the Chairperson of the Board but, in any event, not more than three months shall elapse between meetings of the Board.
(2) [Repealed, 1995, c. 29, s. 59]
(3) Each member of the Board has one vote in the transaction of the business of the Board, and if the number of votes is equal the Chairperson has an additional vote.
Marginal note:Minister to get minutes
(4) The Chairperson of the Board shall furnish the Minister with a copy of the minutes of each meeting of the Board.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-8, s. 7;
- 1995, c. 29, s. 59.
8. The Board, with the approval of the Minister, may make by-laws with respect to the conduct of the business of the Board.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 7.
PURPOSES OF THE BOARD
Marginal note:Purposes for which Board established
9. The Board is established to initiate and promote the production and distribution of films in the national interest and, in particular,
(a) to produce and distribute and to promote the production and distribution of films designed to interpret Canada to Canadians and to other nations;
(b) to represent the Government of Canada in its relations with persons engaged in commercial motion picture film activity in connection with motion picture films for the Government or any department thereof;
(c) to engage in research in film activity and to make available the results thereof to persons engaged in the production of films;
(d) to advise the Governor in Council in connection with film activities; and
(e) to discharge such other duties relating to film activity as the Governor in Council may direct the Board to undertake.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 9.
- Date modified: