OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS TRAINING STANDARDS ADVISORY BOARD
Marginal note:Board established
5.5 (1) The federal Ministers, with the approval of the Provincial Ministers, may establish a board, to be known as the Offshore Oil and Gas Training Standards Advisory Board, consisting of not more than nine members, each of whom has special knowledge respecting offshore oil and gas operations or respecting training for such operations.
(2) The Board shall inquire as to existing training standards and, where necessary, develop or encourage the development of training standards and shall recommend the adoption of training standards to the federal and Provincial Ministers and to the Boards referred to in subsection 5.4(1).
- 1992, c. 35, s. 12.
EXTENDED FORMATION FLOW TESTS
5.6 (1) Subject to subsection (2), title to oil and gas produced during an extended formation flow test vests in the person who conducts the test in accordance with an authorization under section 5, with every approval and requirement subject to which such an authorization is issued and with any applicable regulation, whether or not the person has a production licence issued under the Canada Petroleum Resources Act.
(2) Title to oil and gas referred to in subsection (1) is conditional on compliance with the terms of the authorization, approval or regulation, including the payment of royalties or other payment in lieu of royalties.
(3) This section applies only in respect of an extended formation flow test that provides significant information for determining the best recovery system for a reservoir or for determining the limits of a reservoir or the productivity of a well producing oil or gas from a reservoir and that does not adversely affect the ultimate recovery from a reservoir.
- 1992, c. 35, s. 12.
OIL AND GAS COMMITTEE
Marginal note:Oil and Gas Committee
6. (1) The Governor in Council may establish a committee to be known as the Oil and Gas Committee, which shall consist of five members, not more than three of whom shall be employees in the federal public administration.
Marginal note:Ministerial direction
(2) The Committee shall be under the direction of
(a) the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in relation to any area in respect of which that Minister has administrative responsibility for the natural resources therein; and
(b) the Minister of Natural Resources in relation to any area in respect of which that Minister has administrative responsibility for the natural resources therein.
Marginal note:Appointment of members and chairman
(3) The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office for a term of three years, and one member shall be designated as chairman for such term as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Re-appointment permitted
(4) A retiring chairman or retiring member may be re-appointed to the Committee in the same or another capacity.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-7, s. 6;
- 1994, c. 41, s. 37;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: