Marginal note:Discrimination against employee organization
7. (1) Except in accordance with this Part or any regulation, collective agreement or arbitral award, no person employed in a managerial or confidential capacity, whether or not the person acts on behalf of an employer, shall discriminate against an employee organization.
Marginal note:Saving provision
(2) Nothing in subsection (1) shall be construed to prevent a person employed in a managerial or confidential capacity from receiving representations from, or holding discussions with, the representatives of any employee organization.
Marginal note:Soliciting membership during working hours
8. Except with the consent of the employer affected, no officer or representative of an employee organization shall attempt, on the employer’s premises during the working hours of an employee, to persuade the employee to become, refrain from becoming, continue to be or to cease to be a member of an employee organization.
Public Service Labour Relations Board
Public Service Labour Relations Act Provisions
Marginal note:Application of Public Service Labour Relations Act
9. Unless otherwise provided in this Part, the provisions the Public Service Labour Relations Act respecting the Public Service Labour Relations Board apply also in respect of this Part except that, for the purpose of that application,
(a) a reference to that Act in any of those provisions shall be read as a reference to this Part; and
(b) words and expressions used in those provisions that are defined by this Part shall have the meaning given to them by this Part.
- R.S., 1985, c. 33 (2nd Supp.), s. 9;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 184.
Powers and Duties of the Board
Marginal note:Powers and duties of the Board
10. The Board shall administer this Part and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as are conferred or imposed on it by, or as may be incidental to the attainment of the purposes of, this Part including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the making of orders requiring compliance with this Part, with any regulation made hereunder or with any decision made in respect of a matter coming before it.
Marginal note:Delegation by Board
11. (1) The Board may authorize the Chairperson to exercise any of its powers or perform any of its functions, other than the power to make regulations of general application under section 12.
Marginal note:Delegation by Chairperson
(2) The Chairperson may authorize a Vice-Chairperson to exercise any of the Chairperson’s powers or perform any of the Chairperson’s functions, including powers or functions delegated to the Chairperson by the Board.
- R.S., 1985, c. 33 (2nd Supp.), s. 11;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 185.
- Date modified: