Marginal note:Jurisdiction as judge in chambers
18. The Registrar has such authority to exercise the jurisdiction of a judge sitting in chambers as may be conferred on the Registrar by general rules or orders made under this Act.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 18.
Marginal note:Duties of Deputy Registrar
19. The Deputy Registrar shall exercise and perform such of the powers and duties of the Registrar as are assigned to the Deputy Registrar by the Registrar, and may exercise and perform all the powers and duties of the Registrar in the event that the Registrar is absent or unable to act or the office of Registrar is vacant.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 19.
Marginal note:Public Service Employment Act and Public Service Superannuation Act
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 20.
21. The Sheriff of the County of Carleton, in the Province of Ontario, is ex officio an officer of the Court and shall perform the duties and functions of a sheriff in connection therewith.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 21.
BARRISTERS, ADVOCATES, ATTORNEYS AND SOLICITORS
Marginal note:Barristers or advocates
22. All persons who are barristers or advocates in a province may practise as barristers, advocates and counsel in the Court.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 22.
Marginal note:Attorneys or solicitors
23. All persons who are attorneys or solicitors of the superior courts in a province may practise as attorneys, solicitors and proctors in the Court.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 23.
Marginal note:Officers of the Court
24. All persons who may practise as barristers, advocates, counsel, attorneys, solicitors or proctors in the Court are officers of the Court.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 24.
SESSIONS AND QUORUM
Marginal note:Quorum of judges
25. Any five of the judges of the Court shall constitute a quorum and may lawfully hold the Court.
- R.S., c. S-19, s. 25.
- Date modified: