44. No person shall
(a) hunt by use or aid of an aircraft;
(b) take off in an aircraft or land an aircraft in the Park except as provided for in the National Parks General Regulations; or
(c) hunt big game in the Park within twenty-four hours of having flown over the Park.
- SOR/87-657, s. 8.
Meat of Game
45. Subject to sections 51 and 52, no person shall
(a) offer for sale, sell, trade or barter any game;
(b) use as bait, in hunting or trapping operations, meat of game other than meat of fur bearing animals; or
(c) feed to dogs or other domestic animals meat of game, other than meat of fur bearing animals.
46. (1) No person who has killed or is in possession of any game in the Park shall allow the edible flesh thereof to be wasted, destroyed or spoiled.
(2) No person who has killed or is in possession of any fur bearing animal in the Park shall allow the skin or pelt thereof to be wasted, destroyed or spoiled.
47. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall use poison for the purpose of taking or killing game or have in his possession any poison that may be used for that purpose.
(2) The Minister may authorize the use of poison for the taking or killing of game for scientific purposes pursuant to paragraph 56(1)(a).
48. No person shall operate an oversnow vehicle in the Park unless it is registered, insured and equipped as required by the laws of the Province or Territory in which it is operated and
(a) it is used while engaged in trapping activities by a holder of a trapping permit or by the spouse or child under 18 years of age of a holder of a trapping permit; or
(b) its use is approved in writing by the superintendent and it is operated in accordance with such conditions and in such areas as the superintendent may specify.
- SOR/91-420, s. 8.
49. No person shall harass, injure, attempt to kill or kill game with an oversnow vehicle or any other motor vehicle.
50. (1) A trapper’s cabin permit may be issued by the superintendent to any person named in a certificate of registration.
(2) An application for a trapper’s cabin permit shall
(a) be made on a form supplied by the superintendent; and
(b) contain the information required by the form and any additional information requested by the superintendent.
(3) No person shall erect or alter any building, cabin or structure in the Park unless he does so under and in accordance with a trapper’s cabin permit.
(4) The superintendent may refuse to issue a trapper’s cabin permit where, in his opinion, the proposed trapper’s cabin is not compatible in design or size with the proposed location.
(5) Where a person’s name has been removed from a certificate of registration, he shall, if notified by the superintendent, sell, remove or otherwise dispose of any building, cabin or structure or improvements thereto that he owns and that is located on the trapping area to which the certificate applies within one year of being notified to do so by the superintendent.
(6) Where an owner does not sell, remove or otherwise dispose of property as required pursuant to subsection (5), the superintendent may dispose of the property and any costs incurred shall be paid by the owner.
(7) The owner or occupant of a building, cabin or structure for which a trapper’s cabin permit has been issued shall maintain the immediate area of the building, cabin or structure in a condition satisfactory to the superintendent.
- SOR/91-420, s. 8.
- Date modified: