3. (1) Subject to subsection (8), these Regulations apply in respect of every airport or air terminal building operated by or on behalf of the Minister.
(2) These Regulations do not apply in respect of state aircraft.
(3) These Regulations do not apply in respect of an aircraft owned by the Air Cadet League of Canada.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/93-487, s. 2]
(5) [Repealed, SOR/91-120, s. 1]
(6) Sections 4, 5, 9, 10 and 17 do not apply in respect of the landing of an aircraft in distress at an airport other than the airport of the intended destination.
(7) Sections 4, 5, 16 and 17 do not apply in respect of an aircraft participating in a search and rescue operation under the direction of the Canadian Forces Search and Rescue Service.
(8) Section 16 does not apply to any part of an airport held under a lease granted by Her Majesty in right of Canada.
(9) Section 17 does not apply in respect of an aircraft providing emergency transportation to a person for medical reasons.
- SOR/85-861, s. 2;
- SOR/88-162, s. 1;
- SOR/93-487, s. 2;
- SOR/96-292, s. 1;
- SOR/2001-176, s. 1.
CALCULATION OF CHARGES
3.1 (1) Registered owners and operators of aircraft shall provide such information on the weight, seating capacity and identification of each aircraft operated at an airport to the officer in charge of that airport as is required for the calculation of charges.
(2) Where some of the information specified in subsection (1) is not provided for an aircraft, the calculation of charges shall be based on the maximum permissible take-off weight or the maximum seating capacity for the type of aircraft in question, as appropriate.
- SOR/93-487, s. 3.
DOMESTIC FLIGHT LANDING CHARGES
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 9, in respect of a domestic flight, for each landing of an aircraft, the landing charge, per 1 000 kg or fraction thereof of the weight of the aircraft, is
(a) in respect of an airport set out in a Part of Schedule I, for an aircraft referred to in the heading of column II of the table of that Part within the weight range set out in column I of an item of that table, the charge set out in column II of that item; and
(b) in respect of an airport located south of the 60th parallel of north latitude and not included in Schedule I, for an aircraft referred to in the heading of column II of the table to Schedule II within the weight range set out in column I of an item of that table, the charge set out in column II of that item.
(c) [Repealed, SOR/97-258, s. 2]
(2) In the case of any aircraft to which subsection (1) applies, the charge for each landing of the aircraft at an airport shall not be less than the applicable minimum flight landing charge for that airport as shown in section 1 or 2 of the Part of Schedule I that sets out the airport, or in section 1 of Schedule II, as applicable.
- SOR/85-861, s. 3(F);
- SOR/86-827, s. 1;
- SOR/88-120, s. 2;
- SOR/91-85, ss. 12, 13(F);
- SOR/91-120, s. 2;
- SOR/91-234, s. 1;
- SOR/93-487, s. 4;
- SOR/95-193, s. 1;
- SOR/96-292, s. 2;
- SOR/97-258, s. 2;
- SOR/2001-176, s. 2.
- Date modified: