6.11 (1) Where reasonably practicable, every employer shall provide a toilet room on rolling stock, other than rolling stock designed for transporting freight and maintenance of way equipment.
(2) Where it is not reasonably practicable to provide a toilet room pursuant to subsection (1), the employer shall provide a toilet room that is readily accessible to employees and is
(a) off the rolling stock; or
(b) coupled to the rolling stock.
- SOR/95-105, s. 14(F).
6.12 Every toilet room shall be fitted on the inside with a locking device that can be opened from the outside in an emergency.
6.13 (1) Subject to subsection (2), where a toilet room is provided pursuant to section 6.11 and employees of both sexes are employed at the same work place, an employer shall provide a separate toilet room for employees of each sex.
(2) An employer may provide only one toilet room for employees of both sexes if the toilet room is completely enclosed with solid material that is non-transparent from the outside.
(3) Where separate toilet rooms are provided for employees of each sex, each toilet room shall be equipped with a door that is clearly marked to indicate the sex of the employees for whom the room is provided.
6.14 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the toilet provided in a toilet room shall
(a) in the case of a locomotive, be of the self-contained chemical flush type; and
(b) in the case of a caboose, be of such a type and construction that waste is not deposited on the track bed or on any part of the caboose.
(2) Outside flush or dryhopper type toilets that are suitable for year-round use may be used in a locomotive or caboose if they were installed in that locomotive or caboose prior to May 1, 1969.
6.15 (1) Subject to subsection (2), every toilet room shall be provided with
(a) toilet paper on a holder or in a dispenser; and
(b) hand cleaning and drying supplies.
(2) An employer may provide toilet paper and hand cleaning and drying supplies to each individual employee.
(3) In or adjacent to every toilet room, a non-combustible container shall be provided for the disposal of hand cleaning and drying supplies.
(4) A covered container or a bag that is impervious to moisture shall be provided for the disposal of sanitary napkins in each toilet room for the use of female employees.
- SOR/95-105, s. 15.
6.16 Every employer shall, where reasonably practicable, provide at each washbasin in a toilet room hot and cold running water.
- SOR/95-105, s. 16(F).
- Date modified: