40. No person engaged in sport fishing shall catch and retain or possess fish of a length that does not comply with the length limit set out in an item of Schedule 2 from waters set out in that item.
- SOR/93-118, ss. 17, 22;
- SOR/94-139, s. 1;
- SOR/95-496, s. 13;
- SOR/97-203, s. 12;
- SOR/99-264, s. 22;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 14;
- SOR/2004-64, s. 5;
- SOR/2005-269, s. 8;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 25;
- SOR/2011-155, s. 2;
- SOR/2012-47, s. 4.
41. (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (4), every person who catches and retains an Atlantic salmon shall, within 48 hours after leaving the fishing area, come to a registration station, show the person’s fishing licence and present the salmon, either whole or gutted, for registration. The person who caught and retained the fish shall allow the fish to be weighed and measured and a sample to be taken or an examination made for scientific purposes.
(2) If a self-registration procedure has been implemented at a registration station, the person who caught and retained the fish shall complete the appropriate form in accordance with the instructions given, sign the form and deposit it in the applicable location.
(3) If a procedure has been implemented permitting self-registration by telephone at a registration station, any person to whom the procedure is available shall provide the required information to the person authorized to take it.
(3.1) If the procedures referred to in subsections (1) to (3) do not exist or have not been implemented, the person shall telephone an office of the Department to register the salmon.
(4) A person who catches and retains a salmon shall have it registered immediately, if requested to do so by a fishery officer.
- SOR/99-264, s. 23;
- SOR/2008-322, ss. 26, 34.
42. (1) The holder of a licence set out in item 3 of Part 1of Schedule 5 may fish for burbot, during the period beginning on December 1 and ending on April 15, using a maximum of two night lines each equipped with no more than 10 hooks, all resting continuously on the bottom, in the waters of Lake St. Jean and its tributaries located within the area surrounded by the section of Highway 169 that connects the municipalities of Dolbeau-Mistassini, Métabetchouan and Saint-Méthode and by the section of Highway 373 that connects the municipalities of Saint-Méthode and Dolbeau-Mistassini.
(2) A person referred to in subsection (1) shall affix a valid tag issued with their licence to the identification marker for each of the night lines being used.
- SOR/97-203, s. 13;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 15;
- SOR/2003-176, s. 12;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 27.
43. [Repealed, SOR/2008-322, s. 28]
44. [Repealed, SOR/93-118, s. 18]
- Date modified: