8. [Repealed, SOR/2003-218, s. 4]
9. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 6]
10. An association shall display its permit prominently in a public place at its race-course.
11. [Repealed, SOR/2003-218, s. 5]
PARI-MUTUEL SYSTEMS AND RELATED FACILITIES
12. (1) An association shall permit an officer to test the pari-mutuel system and to examine the facilities for its supervision and operation to ensure that they meet the requirements of this Part and are in good working condition.
(2) If an association proposes a change in its pari-mutuel system, including the persons who operate it, the association shall notify an officer and permit the officer to conduct any applicable test before implementing the change.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 7.
13. (1) For the proper supervision and operation of a pari-mutuel system, an association shall, at its race-course,
(a) provide rooms and areas that are lighted, ventilated and equipped with plumbing and electricity to meet the requirements of the operations carried out therein;
(b) provide a suitable location for providing the public with information and for receiving complaints from the public;
(c) ensure that each betting terminal is identifiable by means of a distinct name or number that is visible to any person who makes or cashes a bet;
(d) provide, for the use of an officer, an office in the immediate vicinity of the totalizator that is equipped with
(i) connections that are capable of supporting telephone and Internet services,
(ii) a storage cabinet and a filing cabinet that can be locked, and
(iii) such additional furnishings as are necessary to permit the officer to perform the officer’s duties; and
(e) provide, at the race-course, one or more devices used to close betting on a race, with one being in the immediate vicinity of the totalizator and any others being at locations authorized by an officer.
(2) Paragraph (1)(d) does not apply in respect of a race-course that conducts races on fewer than 10 days in a year.
- SOR/93-255, s. 4(E);
- SOR/2003-218, s. 6;
- SOR/2011-169, s. 8.
14. An association shall maintain a daily written record of the pari-mutuel system’s operations and maintenance and shall retain each record for a period of at least one year from the day on which it was created.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 9.
- Date modified: