19. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 14]
Testing and Breakdown of Pari-mutuel Systems
20. An association shall, each day prior to the opening of betting,
(a) test the operation of the pari-mutuel system; and
(b) make all the necessary repairs and adjustments to the pari-mutuel system.
(c) [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 16]
- SOR/2011-169, s. 16.
21. An association shall without delay notify an officer in writing if any error or faulty operation of the pari-mutuel system or its related equipment is discovered.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 17.
22. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 17]
23. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 17]
24. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 17]
25. (1) An association shall provide the public, free of charge and in an easily accessible manner, with the following information:
(a) the name of the association conducting the pari-mutuel betting;
(b) a statement that the pari-mutuel betting is supervised by the Minister and a statement that all pools are calculated and distributed in accordance with these Regulations;
(c) Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency contact information;
(d) the terms and conditions of a bet, including the information that a winning ticket is valid indefinitely;
(e) a description of how bets are cashed and cancelled, including any limits to the conditions, in accordance with subsection 57(6) and section 117;
(f) a statement that bets may be refunded under certain circumstances and a description of how the public will be informed of any refunds;
(g) with respect to odds,
(i) a description of the ratios that are used by an association to display odds,
(ii) the statement that approximate odds represent only the probable pay-out price of the win pool at the time they are posted and have no bearing on the pay-out price for any other pool,
(iii) a statement that if approximate odds for any horse are posted as “1:9”, the pay-out price based on a $2 bet on the win pool may be as low as $2.10, and
(iv) a statement that if approximate odds for any horse are posted as “99:1”, the pay-out price based on a $2 bet on the win pool may be greater than $200; and
(h) for associations that conduct 10 or more days of pari-mutuel betting, the value of outstanding tickets for each three-month period ending March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31, as calculated three months after the end of the period, or for an association that does not conduct inter-track betting or separate pool betting for each annual period ending December 31, as calculated three months after the end of the period.
(2) An association shall, on request, provide an officer in writing with any information set out in sections 25 to 27.
- SOR/2000-163, s. 3;
- SOR/2011-169, s. 18.
- Date modified: