50. No person shall fish for salmon other than by angling.
FISHING FOR FIN FISH OTHER THAN SALMON IN NON-TIDAL WATERS
51. This Part applies to fishing for fin fish, other than salmon, in non-tidal waters.
52. Subject to section 53, no person shall fish other than by angling or with a set line.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 12.
53. A person may fish with a spear for burbot or fish of any species not listed in the table to section 58 in Regions 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
54. A person who is fishing with a set line shall not
(a) use more than one set line;
(b) use a hook that is less than 3 cm measured from the point to the shank; or
(c) retain fish of any species listed in the table to section 58 other than burbot.
55. (1) No person shall fish for, or catch and retain, fish of any species, in a lake or stream, from 23:00 hrs to 24:00 hrs on December 31.
(2) The close time established by subsection (1) is considered to be fixed separately and individually for each species of fish.
56. (1) No person shall catch and retain in a day more fish of a species set out in column I of Schedule VII, of an overall length set out in column II, than
(a) the daily quota set out in column III or the daily catch limit under section 7 of the Yukon Territory Fishery Regulations, in respect of fish caught in Atlin Lake, Bennett Lake, Laidlaw Lake, Morley Lake, Tagish Lake, Teslin Lake, or in Rancheria River, Swift River or their tributaries; or
(b) the daily quota set out in column III, in any other case.
(2) A person who, in a day, has caught and retained the daily quota for steelhead in a lake or stream shall cease fishing in that lake or stream for the rest of the day.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 13.
Aggregate Daily Quotas
57. No person shall catch and retain in a day from any lake or stream, more than
(a) six wild rainbow trout and hatchery rainbow trout, in the aggregate;
(b) one wild steelhead and hatchery steelhead, in the aggregate;
(c) six wild cutthroat trout and hatchery cutthroat trout, in the aggregate;
(d) six wild brown trout and hatchery brown trout, in the aggregate;
(e) six wild brook trout and hatchery brook trout, in the aggregate;
(f) six wild Dolly Varden and hatchery Dolly Varden, in the aggregate;
(g) six wild lake trout and hatchery lake trout, in the aggregate;
(h) four smallmouth and largemouth bass, in the aggregate; or
(i) 25 wild kokanee and hatchery kokanee, in the aggregate.
- SOR/2002-380, s. 9(E).
- Date modified: