18. (1) No person shall
(a) fish unless the person holds a licence; or
(b) catch and retain salmon unless the person holds a licence to which is permanently affixed a conservation stamp that is valid for the same year as the licence.
(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply on the third Sunday in June or the Friday or Saturday immediately preceding that day.
- SOR/2010-113, s. 1.
19. [Repealed, SOR/2002-380, s. 3]
20. No person shall harvest herring spawn on kelp other than under the authority of a licence issued under the Fishery (General) Regulations, the Pacific Fishery Regulations, 1993 or the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
21. No person shall hold more than one licence.
22. Where a licence holder catches and retains a lingcod or a chinook salmon, the licence holder shall immediately record the catch in ink on the licence.
- SOR/98-545, s. 4.
PART IIFISHING FOR FIN FISH OTHER THAN SALMON IN TIDAL WATERS
23. This Part applies to fishing for fin fish other than salmon in tidal waters.
24. (1) No person shall fish for fish of a species set out in column I of an item of Schedule IV, in any Subarea, with a type of gear or by a method set out in column III of that item during the close time set out in column IV of that item.
(2) The close time set out in column IV of item 21 of Schedule IV is considered to be fixed separately and individually for each species of fish set out in column I.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 5.
Daily Quotas for Individual Species
25. (1) No person shall catch and retain in a day more fish of a species set out in column I of Schedule IV, in any Subarea, than the daily quota set out in column II.
(2) The quota set out in column II of item 21 of Schedule IV is considered to be fixed separately and individually for each species of fish set out in column I.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 6.
Aggregate Daily Quotas
26. No person shall, in a day, catch and retain more than
(a) four wild trout and hatchery trout, in the aggregate, in any Subarea;
(b) four wild trout and hatchery trout, in the aggregate; or
(c) eight rockfish.
- SOR/2001-156, s. 7.
- Date modified: