Marginal note:Voting by hands or ballot
151 (1) Unless the by-laws otherwise provide, voting at a meeting of shareholders or members is to take place by show of hands except when a ballot is demanded by a person entitled to vote at the meeting.
(2) A person entitled to vote at a meeting of shareholders or members may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.
Marginal note:Electronic voting
(3) Despite subsection (1) and unless the by-laws provide otherwise, any vote referred to in that subsection may be held entirely by means of a telephonic, electronic or other communication facility if the bank makes one available.
Marginal note:Voting while participating electronically
(4) Unless the by-laws provide otherwise, any person who is participating in a meeting under subsection 136(2) and entitled to vote at that meeting may vote by means of the telephonic, electronic or other communication facility that the bank has made available for that purpose.
Marginal note:Voting by mail
(5) The by-laws of a federal credit union may, subject to the regulations and any conditions set out in the by-laws, allow members to vote by mail.
(6) The Governor in Council may make regulations
- 1991, c. 46, s. 151
- 2005, c. 54, s. 23
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1961
- Date modified: