Marginal note:Voting by hands or ballot
151 (1) Unless the by-laws otherwise provide, voting at a meeting of shareholders or members is to take place by show of hands except when a ballot is demanded by a person entitled to vote at the meeting.
(2) A person entitled to vote at a meeting of shareholders or members may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.
Marginal note:Electronic voting
(3) Despite subsection (1) and unless the by-laws provide otherwise, any vote referred to in that subsection may be held entirely by means of a telephonic, electronic or other communication facility if the bank makes one available.
Marginal note:Voting while participating electronically
(4) Unless the by-laws provide otherwise, any person who is participating in a meeting under subsection 136(2) and entitled to vote at that meeting may vote by means of the telephonic, electronic or other communication facility that the bank has made available for that purpose.
(5) The by-laws of a federal credit union may, subject to the regulations, allow members to vote, prior to the meeting, subject to any conditions set out in the by-laws,
(a) by mail;
(b) in person, at one of its branches;
(c) by telephonic or electronic means; or
(d) by any other prescribed means.
(6) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) respecting the manner of and conditions for voting at a meeting of members or shareholders by means of a telephonic, electronic or other communication facility; and
(b) respecting the manner and conditions of voting referred to in paragraphs (5)(a) to (d) by members of federal credit unions.
- 1991, c. 46, s. 151
- 2005, c. 54, s. 23
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1961
- 2019, c. 29, s. 87
- Date modified: