Marginal note:Place of records
Marginal note:Notice of place of records
(2) Where any of the records described in section 815 are not kept at the head office of a bank holding company, the bank holding company shall notify the Superintendent of the place where the records are kept.
(3) The records described in section 815 shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by the directors.
Marginal note:Access to bank holding company records
(4) Shareholders and creditors of a bank holding company and their personal representatives may examine the records referred to in subsection 815(1) during the usual business hours of the bank holding company, and may take extracts therefrom, free of charge, or have copies made thereof on payment of a reasonable fee and, where the bank holding company is a distributing bank holding company within the meaning of subsection 265(1), any other person may, on payment of a reasonable fee, examine such records and take extracts therefrom or copies thereof.
Marginal note:Copies of by-laws
(5) Every shareholder of a bank holding company is entitled, on request made not more frequently than once in each calendar year, to receive, free of charge, one copy of the by-laws of the bank holding company.
Marginal note:Electronic access
(6) A bank holding company may make the information contained in records referred to in subsection 815(1) available to persons by any system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing the records in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 183
- Date modified: