Marginal note:Place of records
816 (1) The records described in section 815 shall be kept at the head office of the bank holding company or at such other place in Canada as the directors think fit.
Marginal note:Notice of place of records
(2) Where any of the records described in section 815 are not kept at the head office of a bank holding company, the bank holding company shall notify the Superintendent of the place where the records are kept.
(3) The records described in section 815 shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by the directors.
Marginal note:Access to bank holding company records
(4) Shareholders and creditors of a bank holding company and their personal representatives may examine the records referred to in subsection 815(1) during the usual business hours of the bank holding company and may take extracts from them free of charge or have copies of them made on payment of a reasonable fee. If the bank holding company is a distributing bank holding company, any other person may on payment of a reasonable fee examine those records during the usual business hours of the bank holding company and take extracts from them or have copies of them made.
Marginal note:Copies of by-laws
(5) Every shareholder of a bank holding company is entitled, on request made not more frequently than once in each calendar year, to receive, free of charge, one copy of the by-laws of the bank holding company.
Marginal note:Electronic access
(6) A bank holding company may make the information contained in records referred to in subsection 815(1) available to persons by any system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing the records in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 183
- 2005, c. 54, s. 120
- Date modified: