Marginal note:Executive committee
11 (1) There shall be an executive committee of the Board consisting of the Chairperson, the President and at least three other governors annually elected from the Board by the governors in such a manner that a majority of the members of the committee are Canadian citizens.
Marginal note:Duties of executive committee
(2) The executive committee shall exercise such of the powers, and perform such of the functions, of the Centre as the Board may by by-law assign to it and shall submit at each meeting of the Board minutes of its proceedings since the last preceding meeting of the Board.
(3) The Board shall appoint one of the members of the executive committee to be the chairperson of the executive committee.
(4) The executive committee shall meet at least four times in each year.
(5) Three members of the executive committee, at least two of whom are Canadian citizens, constitute a quorum.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 11
- 2010, c. 12, ss. 1751(E), 1753(E)
- 2012, c. 19, s. 430
Marginal note:Fellows of the Centre
12 (1) The Board may appoint any person who, in the opinion of the governors, has made an outstanding contribution in the field of international development as a Fellow of the International Development Research Centre.
Marginal note:Stipend for Fellows
(2) The Centre may prescribe the period of time during which any person shall be named a Fellow pursuant to subsection (1) and the stipend, if any, to be paid to any such person.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 12
Marginal note:Advisory and other committees
13 The Board may appoint advisory or other committees under such terms and conditions as the Board may by by-law prescribe.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 13
Marginal note:Officers and employees
14 Subject to the by-laws, the Board may appoint such officers, agents and employees as are necessary for the proper conduct of the work of the Centre.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 14
Marginal note:Head office
Marginal note:Change of head office
(2) The Board may, by by-law approved by the Governor in Council, change the head office of the Centre to another place in Canada.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 15
Marginal note:Meetings of Board
Marginal note:Chairperson to preside
(2) The Chairperson shall preside at meetings of the Board.
(3) Seven governors, at least four of whom are Canadian citizens, constitute a quorum of the Board. However, the proceedings of any meeting of the Board that is attended by more than seven governors are not valid unless a majority of those governors are Canadian citizens.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 16
- 2010, c. 12, ss. 1752(E), 1753(E)
- 2012, c. 19, s. 431
17 The Board may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, make by-laws respecting
(a) the constitution of advisory or other committees appointed pursuant to section 13, and the salaries and expenses, if any, to be paid to the members of those committees;
(b) the duties and conduct of officers, agents and employees of the Centre;
(c) the conditions of employment and the remuneration of officers, agents and employees of the Centre;
(d) the procedure in all business at meetings;
(e) the assignment of any powers and functions of the Centre to the executive committee of the Board and the manner in which the powers and functions so assigned shall be exercised or performed; and
(f) generally the conduct and management of the affairs of the Centre.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 17
Marginal note:Not agent of Her Majesty
Marginal note:Employees deemed employed in public service
(2) The officers and employees of the Centre shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and the Centre shall be deemed to be a public service corporation for the purposes of section 37 of that Act.
Marginal note:Application of Public Service Superannuation Act
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 18
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E)
Marginal note:Application of Income Tax Act
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 19
- 1999, c. 31, s. 246(F)
Marginal note:International Development Research Centre Account
20 (1) The Centre shall establish, under its management in a bank or in an authorized foreign bank within the meaning of section 2 of the Bank Act that is not subject to the restrictions and requirements referred to in subsection 524(2) of that Act in respect of its business in Canada, an account to be known as the International Development Research Centre Account, in this section called the “Account”.
Marginal note:Credits to Account
(2) There shall be credited to the Account all amounts realized by the Centre under this Act in carrying out research or technical development or from providing any other services in Canada or elsewhere under any contract or agreement.
Marginal note:Charges to Account
(3) There shall be charged to the Account all expenditures incurred by or for the Centre under this Act in carrying out the research and development activities or providing the services referred to in subsection (2).
(4) The Minister of Finance shall, out of the special account for international development assistance in the accounts of Canada, pay to the Centre a grant of one million dollars to establish the Account.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 20
- 1999, c. 28, s. 167
21 The accounts and financial transactions of the Centre shall be audited annually by the Auditor General of Canada and a report of the audit shall be made to the Centre and to the Minister.
- R.S., c. 21(1st Supp.), s. 21
- 1976-77, c. 34, s. 30(F)
Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Annual report
22 (1) The Chairperson shall, within four months after the termination of each fiscal year, submit to the Minister a report relating to the activities of the Centre for that fiscal year, including the financial statements of the Centre and the report thereon of the Auditor General of Canada.
Marginal note:Tabling report
(2) The Minister shall cause the report submitted under subsection (1) to be laid before Parliament within fifteen days after the receipt thereof by the Minister or, if Parliament is not then sitting, on any of the first fifteen days next thereafter that either House of Parliament is sitting.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-19, s. 22
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1753(E)
- Date modified: