Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27)
- HTMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act [613 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act [1187 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-12-15. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Vacation of refugee protection
109 (1) The Refugee Protection Division may, on application by the Minister, vacate a decision to allow a claim for refugee protection, if it finds that the decision was obtained as a result of directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter.
Marginal note:Rejection of application
(2) The Refugee Protection Division may reject the application if it is satisfied that other sufficient evidence was considered at the time of the first determination to justify refugee protection.
Marginal note:Allowance of application
(3) If the application is allowed, the claim of the person is deemed to be rejected and the decision that led to the conferral of refugee protection is nullified.
- Date modified: