Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27)
- HTMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act [613 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Act [1187 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-12-15. Previous Versions
147 (1) If the Minister is of the opinion that a person is or is about to become liable to make a payment to a person liable to make a payment under this Act, the Minister may, by written notice, order the first person to pay to the Receiver General, on account of the second person’s liability, all or part of the money otherwise payable to the second person.
Marginal note:Applicability to future payments
(2) If the Minister, under subsection (1), orders an employer to pay to the Receiver General money otherwise payable to an employee as remuneration,
(a) the order is applicable to all future payments of remuneration until the liability is satisfied; and
(b) the employer shall pay to the Receiver General out of each payment of remuneration the amount that the Minister stipulates in the notice.
Marginal note:Discharge of liability
(3) The receipt of the Minister is a good and sufficient discharge of the original liability to the extent of the payment.
(4) The regulations may provide for any matter relating to the application of this section.
- Date modified: