Powers of Board (continued)
Marginal note:Plan of organization
13 (1) The Board may, with the approval of the Treasury Board obtained on the recommendation of the Minister, formulate a plan of organization for the establishment and classification of the continuing positions necessary for the proper functioning of the Board and the establishment of rates of compensation for each class of position, having regard to the rates of compensation and conditions of employment for comparable positions outside the federal public administration and in other branches of the federal public administration.
Marginal note:Amendment of plan
(2) The Board may, with the approval of the Treasury Board obtained on the recommendation of the Minister, amend or vary a plan approved under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Appointment of employees
(3) Subject to the plan of organization approved under this section, the Board may appoint persons for a term or during pleasure to fill the positions established by the plan, prescribe their conditions of employment and provide for their promotion, salary and salary increases, but the provisions of the Public Service Employment Act relating to political activities and, where applicable, the condition of employment relating to payment of gratuity on death pursuant to the Financial Administration Act apply to the persons appointed under this section.
(4) [Repealed, 2002, c. 17, s. 21]
- R.S., 1985, c. N-8, s. 13
- 2002, c. 17, s. 21
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 175(E), 240
14 Each officer or employee employed by the Board under section 13 shall, before entering on his duties, take an oath of office and secrecy in the form set out in the schedule.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 13
Marginal note:Temporary employees
15 The Board may
(a) employ such persons in positions other than in continuing positions in the plan approved under section 13 as may be required from time to time for the operations of the Board; and
(b) determine the remuneration and conditions of employment of those persons.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 14
Government Film Commissioner
Marginal note:Appointment and salary
16 (1) There shall be a Government Film Commissioner who shall be appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Board and paid such salary as the Governor in Council may determine.
Marginal note:Term and tenure of office
(2) The Commissioner shall be appointed to hold office for a period not exceeding five years but may be removed from office for cause by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Board.
(3) On the expiration of the Commissioner’s term of office, the Commissioner is eligible to be re-appointed as Commissioner.
Marginal note:Absence, inability or vacancy in office of Commissioner
(4) If the Commissioner is absent or unable to carry out the Commissioner’s duties for any reason or the office of Commissioner is vacant, the Board may, subject to the approval of the Minister, appoint an acting Commissioner.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 15
Marginal note:Commissioner is chief executive officer, to administer operations and exercise powers, of Board
17 (1) The Commissioner is the chief executive officer of the Board and is charged with the administration of the operations of the Board and may, subject to the by-laws of the Board, exercise all powers of the Board in the name of the Board.
Marginal note:Authority of officers and employees
(2) Subject to the by-laws of the Board, the Commissioner may authorize officers or employees of the Board to act on behalf of and in the name of the Board.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 16
Marginal note:Annual budget
Marginal note:Accounts of Board
(2) The Board shall establish and maintain an accounting system satisfactory to the Minister and all books of account, records and papers of the Board shall at all times be open to the inspection of the Minister or such persons as the Minister may designate.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 17
Marginal note:Financial Administration Act
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 19
Marginal note:Annual report
20 (1) As soon as is practicable after the end of each fiscal year, the Board shall submit to the Minister a report of the operations of the Board for the fiscal year in such form as the Minister may prescribe.
Marginal note:Laying before Parliament
(2) The Minister shall lay the annual report of the Board made under subsection (1) before Parliament on any of the first fourteen days on which either House of Parliament is sitting after the Minister receives it.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 20
- 1977-78, c. 22, s. 17
Marginal note:Reports to Minister
21 The Board shall furnish the Minister with such statements or reports in addition to those required by this Act in respect of its business or operations, at such times and in such manner, as the Minister may require.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 21
- Date modified: