Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Definition of board
(a) a board of inquiry appointed under section 24.1,
(b) an adjudication board appointed under section 43 or 44, and
(c) a discharge and demotion board appointed under section 45.2,
and, except for the purposes of subsection (4), includes the Committee and the Commission.
(2) All proceedings before a board shall be dealt with by the board as informally and expeditiously as the circumstances and considerations of fairness permit.
Marginal note:Witness fees
(3) Any person, other than a member, summoned to attend at any proceeding before a board is entitled, in the discretion of the board, to receive the like fees and allowances for so attending as if summoned to attend before the Federal Court.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the Commissioner may make rules governing the proceedings, practice and procedure before a board and the performance of the duties and functions of a board under this Act.
(5) The Minister may make rules governing the proceedings, practice and procedure before a board of inquiry appointed by the Minister under section 24.1 and the performance of the duties and functions of such a board under this Act or the Minister may adopt as such rules the rules or any part of the rules made under subsection (4).
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 46
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 18
- Date modified: