Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Definition of board
Definition of board — sections 47.1 to 47.3
(1.1) In sections 47.1 to 47.3, board includes the Commission.
(2) All proceedings before a board shall be dealt with by the board as informally and expeditiously as the circumstances and considerations of fairness permit.
Marginal note:Witness fees
(3) Any person, other than a member, summoned to attend at any proceeding before a board is entitled, in the discretion of the board, to receive the like fees and allowances for so attending as if summoned to attend before the Federal Court.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the Commissioner may make rules governing the proceedings, practice and procedure before a board, other than the Commission, and the performance of the duties and functions of a board, other than the Commission, under this Act.
(5) The Minister may make rules governing the proceedings, practice and procedure before a board of inquiry appointed by the Minister under section 24.1 and the performance of the duties and functions of such a board under this Act or the Minister may adopt as such rules the rules or any part of the rules made under subsection (4).
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 46
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 18
- 2013, c. 18, ss. 36, 77
- Date modified: