PART ISpecial Import Measures (continued)
Anti-circumvention Investigations (continued)
Marginal note:Review of decision
75.5 (1) For the purpose of giving effect to a decision of the Federal Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada, the President shall review the decision or determination made under subsection 75.1(1), 75.4(6) or 75.6(5) to which that Court decision relates.
Marginal note:Confirmation, amendment or revocation
(2) The President shall confirm, amend or revoke a decision reviewed under subsection (1) and the confirmation, amendment or revocation is deemed, except for the purposes of section 96.1, to be a decision or determination made under subsection 75.1(1), 75.4(6) or 75.6(5), as the case may be.
- 2017, c. 20, s. 89
Marginal note:Request for exemption
75.6 (1) An exporter to Canada of any goods to which an order or finding referred to in subsection 3(1.1) or (1.2) applies may request that the President determine whether the goods from that exporter may be exempt from the extension of duties if the exporter
Marginal note:Form of request
(2) A request under subsection (1) shall be made in the prescribed manner and form and shall contain the prescribed information.
Marginal note:Review — circumvention
(3) If the President receives a request under subsection (1) and he or she is satisfied that a review is warranted, the President shall initiate a review, on an expedited basis, in order to determine whether goods from that exporter may be exempt from the extension of duties.
(4) If a review is initiated under subsection (3), the President shall provide written notice to the importer, the exporter, the government of the exporting country and the domestic producers.
(5) Upon completion of the review, the President shall make a determination that the goods from the exporter are
(6) Upon completion of the review, the President shall
(a) cause notice of the determination to be given to the importer, the exporter, the government of the exporting country, the domestic producers and the person requesting the review; and
(b) if the President makes a determination under paragraph (5)(b), cause to be filed with the Tribunal:
Marginal note:Amendment — order or finding
(7) Without delay after receipt of a notice under paragraph (6)(b), the Tribunal shall make an order amending the order or finding that is affected by the review in order to give effect to the President’s determination.
- 2017, c. 20, s. 89
Marginal note:Termination of investigation or review
75.7 (1) The President may terminate any investigation initiated under subsection 72(1) or any review initiated under subsection 75.4(1) or 75.6(3) in respect of any goods of an exporter or country, if the order or finding of the Tribunal or the order of the Governor in Council in respect of which the investigation or review is undertaken has expired or been rescinded or amended in respect of those goods prior to the conclusion of the investigation or review.
Marginal note:Notice of termination
(2) The President shall cause written notice of the termination of an investigation or review under subsection (1) to be
(a) given to the importer, the exporter, the government of the exporting country, the domestic producers and, if appropriate, to the complainant or applicant, if any; and
- 2017, c. 20, s. 89
Review of Orders and Findings
Marginal note:Application for judicial review
76 Subject to subsection 61(3) and Part I.1 or II, an application for judicial review of an order or finding of the Tribunal under this Act may be made to the Federal Court of Appeal on any of the grounds set out in subsection 18.1(4) of the Federal Courts Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-15, s. 76
- R.S., 1985, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52
- 1988, c. 65, s. 41
- 1993, c. 44, s. 217
- 1999, c. 12, s. 36, c. 17, s. 183
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182
Review of Orders and Findings by Tribunal
Marginal note:Interim review of orders by Tribunal
76.01 (1) Subject to subsection (1.1), at any time after the making of an order or finding described in any of sections 3 to 6, the Tribunal may, on its own initiative or at the request of the Minister of Finance, the President or any other person or of any government, conduct an interim review of
(1.1) The Tribunal shall refer any portion of a request for interim review relating to a decision by the President setting out a finding of circumvention under subsection 75.1(1) or 75.4(6) to the President who shall make a decision relating to that portion of the request under section 75.4.
Marginal note:Tribunal may re-hear any matter
(2) In conducting an interim review, the Tribunal may re-hear any matter before deciding it.
(3) The Tribunal shall not conduct an interim review at the request of any person or government unless the person or government satisfies the Tribunal that the review is warranted.
Marginal note:Order if interim review not initiated
(4) If the Tribunal decides not to conduct an interim review at the request of a person or government, the Tribunal shall make an order to that effect and give reasons for it, and the Tribunal shall forward a copy of the order and the reasons to that person or government and cause notice of the order to be published in the Canada Gazette.
Marginal note:Orders on completion of interim review
(5) The Tribunal, on completion of an interim review
(a) under paragraph (1)(a), shall make an order rescinding the order or finding or continuing it with or without amendment, as the circumstances require, and shall give reasons for making the order; and
(b) under paragraph (1)(b), shall make any order in respect of the order or finding as the circumstances require, and shall give reasons for making the order.
Marginal note:Completion of review
(6) On completion of an interim review, the Tribunal shall
(a) forward to the President and any other persons and governments that are specified by the rules of the Tribunal,
Marginal note:Expiry of order
(7) An order made on the completion of an interim review, other than an order rescinding an order or finding, expires
(a) if an expiry review is not initiated under subsection 76.03(3), five years after the day on which the order or finding that was the subject of the interim review was made; and
(b) if an expiry review is initiated under subsection 76.03(3), the day on which the Tribunal makes an order under subsection 76.03(12).
- 1999, c. 12, s. 36, c. 17, s. 184
- 2005, c. 38, s. 134
- 2014, c. 20, s. 437
- 2017, c. 20, s. 90
- Date modified: