Marginal note:Executive director
12 (1) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Corporation, appoint an executive director of the Corporation, who shall hold office during pleasure and shall be paid such salary as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Functions of executive director
(2) The executive director is the chief executive officer of the Corporation, has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Corporation and may attend the meetings of the Corporation.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 12
- 1995, c. 29, s. 19
13 The Corporation may, subject to the approval of the Minister, make by-laws for the regulation of its proceedings and generally for the conduct and management of its activities.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 13
Marginal note:Advisory Group
14 The Minister may, on the recommendation of the Corporation, appoint an Advisory Group, broadly representative of the professional associations, exhibitors, distributors and unions in the Canadian film industry and including other qualified persons, to advise the Corporation on matters that the Minister or the Corporation may refer to it.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 14
Marginal note:Staff and special advisers
15 The Corporation may employ such officers and employees and such technical and professional advisers as it considers necessary for the proper conduct of its activities, at such remuneration and on such other terms and conditions as it deems fit.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 15
Marginal note:No application of Public Service Superannuation Act to members
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 16
Marginal note:Corporation agent of Her Majesty
(2) The Corporation may, on behalf of Her Majesty, enter into contracts in the name of Her Majesty or in the name of the Corporation.
(3) Property acquired by the Corporation is the property of Her Majesty and title thereto may be vested in the name of Her Majesty or in the name of the Corporation.
(4) Actions, suits or other legal proceedings in respect of any right or obligation acquired or incurred by the Corporation on behalf of Her Majesty, whether in its name or in the name of Her Majesty, may be brought or taken by or against the Corporation in the name of the Corporation in any court that would have jurisdiction if the Corporation were not an agent of Her Majesty.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 17
18 There is hereby appropriated for the purposes of this Act the sum of twenty-five million dollars to be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund from time to time as required pursuant to this Act.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 18
- 1970-71-72, c. 58, Sch. (SS) vote 63a
- 1974-75-76, c. 74, Sch. (SS) vote 62a
Marginal note:Advance Account for corporation
Marginal note:Amounts to be charged to Account
(2) All amounts required for the purposes of paragraphs 10(3)(a) and (b) and subsection 10(5) shall be paid
(a) out of the amount appropriated by section 18, or
(b) out of amounts credited to the Telefilm Canada Advance Account under subsection (3),
and shall be charged to that Account.
Marginal note:Amounts to be credited to Account
(3) The Corporation shall pay to the Receiver General, to be deposited in the Consolidated Revenue Fund and credited to the Telefilm Canada Advance Account, all amounts received by the Corporation as or on account of
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 19
- 1994, c. 25, s. 2
- 2002, c. 17, s. 9
- 2005, c. 14, s. 5
Marginal note:Amounts to be charged to budgetary expenditures
20 All amounts required
(a) for the purposes of paragraphs 10(3)(c) to (e), and
(b) for the payment of salaries and other expenses, including expenses of administration, under this Act,
shall be paid out of the amount appropriated by section 18 and shall be charged to budgetary expenditures.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 20
- 2005, c. 14, s. 6
Marginal note:Repealed provisions continued in respect of Corporation
21 (1) Part VIII of the Financial Administration Act, chapter F-10 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, as it read immediately before September 1, 1984, continues to apply in respect of the Corporation as if it had not been repealed and as if the Corporation continued to be named in Schedule C to that Act.
Marginal note:Financial Administration Act
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 21
- 2005, c. 14, s. 7
Marginal note:Annual audit
22 The accounts and financial transactions of the Corporation shall be audited annually by the Auditor General of Canada, and a report of the audit shall be made to the Corporation and to the Minister.
- R.S., c. C-8, s. 19
- 1976-77, c. 34, s. 30(F)
Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Annual report
23 (1) The chairperson of the Corporation shall, within three months after the termination of each fiscal year, submit to the Minister a report in such form as the Minister may prescribe relating to the activities of the Corporation for that fiscal year, including the financial statement of the Corporation and the report of the Auditor General of Canada thereon.
Marginal note:Tabling report
(2) The Minister shall cause the report submitted under subsection (1) to be laid before Parliament within fifteen days after the receipt thereof by the Minister or, if Parliament is not then sitting, on any of the first fifteen days next thereafter that either House of Parliament is sitting.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 23
- 1995, c. 29, s. 20(E)
- Date modified: