Marginal note:Term of licences
Marginal note:Extension of term
(1.1) Despite subsection (1), a chief firearms officer may, until January 1, 2005, with respect to any licence referred to in that subsection that is issued before December 31, 2001, extend the period for which the licence is expressed to be issued by an additional period of up to four years.
(2) A licence that is issued to an individual who is less than eighteen years old expires on the earlier of
(3) A licence that is issued to a business other than a business referred to in subsection (4) expires on the earlier of
Marginal note:Businesses that sell only ammunition
(4) A licence that is issued to a business that sells ammunition but is not authorized to possess firearms, prohibited weapons, restricted weapons, prohibited devices or prohibited ammunition expires on the earlier of
(5) and (6) [Repealed before coming into force, 2008, c. 20, s. 3]
Marginal note:Notice to holder
(7) The chief firearms officer shall give notice of every extension under this section to the holder of the licence.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 64
- 2003, c. 8, s. 40
- 2008, c. 20, s. 3
- Date modified: