Marginal note:Term of licences
Marginal note:Extension period
(1.1) Despite subsection (1), if a licence for firearms is not renewed before it expires, the licence is extended for a period of six months beginning on the day on which it would have expired under that subsection.
Marginal note:No use or acquisition
(1.2) The holder of a licence that is extended under subsection (1.1) must not, until the renewal of their licence, use their firearms or acquire any firearms or ammunition.
Marginal note:Authorizations — no extension
(1.3) The extension of a licence under subsection (1.1) does not result in the extension of any authorization to carry or authorization to transport beyond the day on which the licence would have expired under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Authorizations — issuance
(1.4) During the extension period, the following authorizations must not be issued to the holder of the licence:
(2) A licence that is issued to an individual who is less than eighteen years old expires on the earlier of
(3) A licence that is issued to a business other than a business referred to in subsection (4) expires on the earlier of
Marginal note:Businesses that sell only ammunition
(4) A licence that is issued to a business that sells ammunition but is not authorized to possess firearms, prohibited weapons, restricted weapons, prohibited devices or prohibited ammunition expires on the earlier of
(5) and (6) [Repealed before coming into force, 2008, c. 20, s. 3]
Marginal note:Notice to holder
(7) The chief firearms officer shall give notice of every extension under this section to the holder of the licence.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 64
- 2003, c. 8, s. 40
- 2008, c. 20, s. 3
- 2015, c. 27, s. 14
- Date modified: