Migratory Birds Regulations
(2) [Repealed, SOR/93-431, s. 2]
(3) Subject to section 23.3, no person shall deposit bait in any place during the period beginning 14 days before the first day of the open season for that place and ending on the day immediately following the last day of the open season for that place, unless the person, at least 30 days prior to depositing the bait,
(a) obtains the consent in writing of
(b) posts in that place signs of a type and wording satisfactory to, and in a location designated by, the Regional Director.
(4) A consent obtained pursuant to paragraph (3)(a) is valid only in respect of the open seasons in respect of which it was obtained.
(5) Subsection (3) does not apply to the holder of a permit referred to in section 19 or 20 who places bait
(a) in a confined area specified in his permit, or
(b) at a distance of not less than 400 metres from an area where the hunting of migratory birds is permitted
for the sole purpose of feeding migratory birds lawfully in his possession.
(6) For the purpose of subsection (1), any area
(a) of standing crops, whether flooded or not,
(b) of harvested crop land that is flooded,
(c) where crops are properly shocked in the field where they grow, or
(d) where grain is scattered solely as a result of normal agricultural or harvesting operations
shall not be regarded as a place where bait has been deposited.
(7) [Repealed, SOR/81-641, s. 2]
- SOR/78-490, s. 3
- SOR/79-544, s. 6
- SOR/80-577, s. 6
- SOR/81-641, s. 2
- SOR/93-431, s. 2
- SOR/99-147, s. 3
- SOR/2001-323, s. 2
- Date modified: