1200 [Repealed, SOR/96-360, s. 1]
Snowmobiles (Standard 1201)
1201 (1) Every snowmobile shall be constructed so that it conforms to the requirements set out in the Detailed Standards and Testing Specifications and Procedures, SSCC/11 Supplement, published by the Snowmobile Safety and Certification Committee, Inc. (the Supplement), dated March, 2011, except that the following provisions do not apply:
(2) When a snowmobile is tested, the manufacturer may use, instead of the tests set out in the version of the Supplement, the tests set out in the version of the Supplement that is in effect on January 1 of the calendar year in which the snowmobile is manufactured.
(3) For the purposes of this section, the word snowmobile used in the Supplement has the same meaning as in subsection 2(1) of these Regulations.
(4) The words “designed” and “designed to” used in the Supplement mean designed and constructed in such a manner so as to conform, under normal conditions of operation, to the performance requirements of the Supplement.
(5) The word “will” used in the Supplement shall be considered to create an obligation.
(6) The following shall be provided in both official languages:
(7) Every snowmobile shall be equipped with headlamps that are on continuously when the engine of the snowmobile is operating.
- SOR/87-497, s. 3
- SOR/87-660, s. 6
- SOR/96-360, s. 2
- SOR/97-532, s. 4
- SOR/2000-182, s. 9
- SOR/2003-359, s. 5
- SOR/2016-318, s. 15
1202 [Repealed, SOR/2016-318, s. 15]
1203 to 1206 [Repealed, SOR/87-660, s. 6]
1207 to 1209 [Repealed, SOR/2003-359, s. 7]
1210 and 1211 [Repealed, SOR/87-660, s. 8]
- Date modified: