PART 4Fixed Fees (continued)
23 If an application is withdrawn by the applicant after the assessment of the application by the Commission has begun, there shall be no refund of the fee paid.
24 [Repealed, SOR/2008-123, s. 6]
PART 5Special Project Fees
25 This Part applies to applicants and licensees for special projects in respect of
(a) licences to package or transport required under paragraph 6(1)(d) of the Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations, 2015;
(b) certifications of designs for special form radioactive material under the Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations, 2015;
(c) licences or certifications not referred to in Parts 2, 3 or 4; and
(d) information, products or services not referred to in Parts 2, 3 or 4.
- SOR/2015-145, ss. 48, 49
Calculation of Fee
26 For each special project, the fee payable under this Part is equal to the sum of
(a) the product obtained by multiplying the hourly rate referred to in section 14 by the number of hours of direct regulatory activities
(b) if the Commission obtains professional and special services under contract, the cost of those services.
Application and Deposit
27 (1) The applicant shall deposit, with the application, the sum of $5,000.
(2) The Commission shall apply the deposit against the fee payable.
(3) On completion of a special project, any remaining balance of the deposit paid shall be refunded to the applicant.
- SOR/2008-123, s. 7
28 (1) On a monthly basis, the Commission shall send to each applicant and licensee an invoice for the fees payable.
(2) Within 30 days after the date of the invoice, the applicant or licensee shall pay to the Commission the amount invoiced.
- SOR/2003-212, err.(F), Vol. 141, No. 24
29 [Repealed, SOR/2008-123, s. 8]
PART 6Transitional, Repeal and Coming into Force
30 (1) Any fees payable within the three years after the coming into force of these Regulations shall be reduced as follows:
(a) in the first year, by 15 percent;
(b) in the second year, by 10 percent; and
(c) in the third year, by 5 percent.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the fees payable for special projects referred to in paragraph 25(d).
Coming into Force
32 These Regulations come into force on the first day of the month following the month in which they are registered.
- Date modified: