PART 2Presentation in Alternative Manners (continued)
Amendments to Authorizations
Marginal note:At request of authorized person
20 On application, the Minister may amend an authorization
(a) to change the authorized person’s address;
(b) to change the name of the authorized person;
(c) to add or remove a conveyance to which the authorization applies; or
(d) to change the authorized person’s citizenship.
- SOR/2006-154, s. 13
Marginal note:By Minister
21 On application, the Minister may renew an authorization if
(a) at the time of the application, the authorized person meets the requirements for the issuance of the authorization;
(b) the application is made before the authorization has expired; and
(c) the applicable fee set out in section 24 is paid.
- SOR/2005-385, ss. 13, 20
- SOR/2006-154, s. 14
Suspensions and Cancellations of Authorizations
22 (1) The Minister may suspend or cancel an authorization if the person
(a) no longer meets the requirements for the issuance of the authorization;
(c) has provided information that was not true, accurate or complete for the purposes of obtaining an authorization.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2006-154, s. 15]
Marginal note:Notice of suspension or cancellation
(3) Immediately after cancelling or suspending an authorization of a person, the Minister shall send written notice of, and the reasons for, the cancellation or suspension to the person at their latest known address.
Marginal note:Return of authorization
(4) A person whose authorization is cancelled or suspended shall
(a) on receiving a notice under subsection (3), immediately and in accordance with it, return to the Minister the written authorization and any other thing relevant to the authorization that is specified in the notice; or
(b) on being advised of the suspension or cancellation in person by an officer, immediately return to the officer the written authorization and any other thing relevant to it that is specified by the officer.
Marginal note:Effective date of suspension or cancellation
(5) The suspension or cancellation of an authorization becomes effective on the earlier of the day on which an officer advises in person of the suspension or cancellation and 15 days after the day on which notice of the suspension or cancellation is sent.
- SOR/2005-385, ss. 14, 21
- SOR/2006-154, s. 15
23 A person whose application for an authorization is rejected or whose authorization is suspended or cancelled may request a review of the decision by sending written notice of their request to the Minister within 30 days after the day on which the application was rejected or the cancellation or suspension becomes effective.
Marginal note:NEXUS and FAST Programs
24 (1) The fee for the issuance or renewal of an authorization referred to in section 6.1 or 6.2 is $80.
Marginal note:Certain CANPASS programs
(1.1) The fee for the issuance or renewal of an authorization referred to in section 6 to present oneself in an alternative manner described in paragraph 11(b), (c) or (e) is $40.
Marginal note:CANPASS Air program
(2) The fee for the issuance or renewal of an authorization referred to in section 5 to present oneself in an alternative manner described in paragraph 11(a) is $50.
Marginal note:Other authorizations
(3) The fee for the issuance or renewal of any other authorization is $25 per year.
Marginal note:Persons under 18 years of age
(4) A person who is under 18 years of age at the time of making their application for an authorization is not required to pay a fee under this section.
Marginal note:CDRP program
(5) There is no fee for the issuance or renewal of an authorization referred to in section 6.21.
- SOR/2005-385, ss. 15, 22, 24
- SOR/2006-154, s. 16
- SOR/2008-27, ss. 3, 11
- SOR/2015-83, s. 10
Presentation of Persons (Customs) Regulations
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
27 (1) Subject to subsection (2), these Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
Marginal note:Retroactive effect — deemed in force
(2) Section 1 — except for the definitions Act, commercial passenger conveyance, designated holding area and non-commercial passenger conveyance — and Part 2 and section 25 are deemed to come into force on December 3, 2001.
- Date modified: