PART 4Passenger-Carrying Vessels of Not More than 15 Gross Tonnage that Carry Not More than 12 Passengers (continued)
Safety Equipment (continued)
Life-Saving Appliances (continued)
410 A passenger-carrying vessel of a length set out in column 1 of the table to this section shall carry on board the visual signals set out in column 2.
|Column 1||Column 2|
|1||not more than 6 m|
|2||more than 6 m but not more than 9 m|
|3||more than 9 m|
(2) A passenger-carrying vessel shall carry on board one or more life rafts with a total capacity sufficient to carry all persons on board, unless the vessel is
(3) A passenger-carrying vessel that engages in voyages beyond the limits of a near coastal voyage, Class 2 shall not carry on board a coastal life raft unless it carried such a life raft on board before the day on which these Regulations came into force.
Vessel Safety Equipment
Column 1 Column 2 Item Length Vessel Safety Equipment 1 not more than 9 m 2 more than 9 m but not more than 12 m 3 more than 12 m
(2) A bailer or manual bilge pump is not required to be carried on board a passenger-carrying vessel that cannot retain a sufficient quantity of water to make it capsize or whose compartments are sealed and are not readily accessible.
Column 1 Column 2 Item Length Navigation Equipment 1 not more than 9 m 2 more than 9 m but not more than 12 m 3 more than 12 m
(2) A magnetic compass is not required to be carried on board a passenger-carrying vessel that is not more than 8 m in length and that navigates within sight of seamarks.
Column 1 Column 2 Item Length Firefighting Equipment 1 not more than 6 m 2 more than 6 m but not more than 9 m 3 more than 9 m but not more than 12 m 4 more than 12 m
(a) a 2A:20B:C portable fire extinguisher;
(b) a 2A:20B:C portable fire extinguisher at the following locations:
(c) a 20B:C portable fire extinguisher at the entrance to the engine space;
(d) a manual or power-driven fire pump, located outside the engine space, that conforms to the construction standards;
(e) a fire hose and nozzle from which a jet of water can be directed into any part of the vessel;
(f) a fire axe; and
(g) two fire buckets
(2) A passenger-carrying vessel that is not power-driven and is not equipped with an electrical system is not required to carry on board the portable fire extinguisher set out in paragraph (a) of items 1 to 4 of the table to subsection (1).
(3) The portable fire extinguishers set out in the table to subsection (1) shall be mounted with a clamp or bracket that provides a quick and positive release.
(4) A portable fire extinguisher intended for use in an accommodation space, or stored in an accommodation space, shall not contain a gas extinguishing agent.
- Date modified: