Toys Regulations (SOR/2011-17)
- HTMLFull Document: Toys Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Toys Regulations [124 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Toys Regulations [2640 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-12-19. Previous Versions
SCHEDULE 2(paragraphs 25(c) and 29(c))Permissible Limits of Toxicity
1 (1) For the purposes of paragraphs 25(c) and 29(c) of these Regulations, a substance or stuffing material is toxic for humans in all of the following cases:
(a) its acute oral LD50 value for rat is 5 g or less per kg of body weight;
(b) its acute dermal LD50 value for rabbit is 2 g or less per kg of body weight; and
(c) its LC50 value for a one-hour exposure, determined using rats, is 20,000 ppm by volume of gas or vapour or less, or 200 mg/L by volume of mist or dust or less, if gas, vapour, mist or dust is likely to be encountered when the substance is used in a reasonably foreseeable manner.
(2) LD50 and LC50 values are to be determined in accordance with good scientific practices.
(3) to (5) [Repealed, SOR/2016-302, s. 7]
2 and 3 [Repealed, SOR/2016-302, s. 8]
- SOR/2016-302, ss. 7, 8
- Date modified: