PART 5Class 2 Aerodromes (continued)
DIVISION 7Documents of Entitlement (continued)
Marginal note:List of documents
(a) a restricted area identity card;
(b) a temporary pass issued by the operator of the aerodrome;
(c) a boarding pass, a ticket, or any other document accepted by an air carrier that confirms the status of the person to whom it was issued as a passenger on a flight and that is approved by the operator of the aerodrome;
(d) a passenger escort form that is approved by the operator of the aerodrome;
(e) a courtesy-lounge or conference-room pass that is issued by an air carrier and that is approved by the operator of the aerodrome; and
(f) a document that is issued or approved by the operator of the aerodrome in accordance with a security measure.
Marginal note:Pilot’s licence
(2) A pilot’s licence issued under the Canadian Aviation Regulations is a document of entitlement for a restricted area that is used by general aviation, if the holder of the licence also holds a valid medical certificate of a category that is appropriate for that licence and
- SOR/2012-48, s. 19
- SOR/2014-153, s. 23
DIVISION 8Enhanced Access Controls
Marginal note:Division overview
299 This Division sets out enhanced access control requirements, including requirements respecting the identity verification system referred to in section 56.
Identity Verification System
Marginal note:Disclosure of information
Marginal note:Identity protection
(2) Despite subsection (1), the operator of an aerodrome must not disclose to CATSA the identity of an applicant for a restricted area identity card or the identity of a person to whom a restricted area identity card has been issued unless the operator grants CATSA access to its databases to maintain or repair the identity verification system and CATSA’s access to the person’s identity is incidental to the maintenance or repairs.
Information To Be Displayed on a Restricted Area Identity Card
Marginal note:Required information
(a) the full name of the person to whom the card is issued;
(b) the person’s height;
(c) a photograph depicting a frontal view of the person’s face;
(d) the expiry date of the card;
(e) the name of the aerodrome where the card is issued;
(f) the name of the person’s employer, if the person has a single employer;
(g) the terms “multi-employer” and “employeur multiple”, if the person has more than one employer;
(h) the person’s occupation, if the person has a single occupation; and
(i) the terms “multi-occupation” and “emplois multiples”, if the person has more than one occupation.
Marginal note:Expiration date
(2) A restricted area identity card expires no later than five years after the day on which it is issued or on the day on which the security clearance of the person to whom the card is issued expires, whichever is earlier.
Marginal note:Expiration date — multi-aerodrome card
(3) Despite subsection (2), a restricted area identity card that is issued to a person who requires access to restricted areas at more than one aerodrome, but who is not a crew member, expires no later than one year after the day on which it is issued or on the day on which the person’s security clearance expires, whichever is earlier.
Marginal note:Official languages
(4) The operator of an aerodrome must ensure that all information that is displayed on a restricted area identity card is in both official languages.
Issuance of Restricted Area Identity Cards
Marginal note:Issuance criteria
(a) applies in writing;
(b) is sponsored in writing by their employer;
(c) has a security clearance;
(d) consents in writing to the collection, use, retention, disclosure and destruction of information for the purposes of this Division; and
(e) confirms that the information displayed on the card is correct.
Marginal note:Activation requirement
(2) The operator of an aerodrome must not issue a restricted area identity card to a person unless the card has been activated.
Marginal note:False information
303 A person must not provide false information for the purpose of obtaining a restricted area identity card.
304 An employer must not
(a) sponsor an employee who does not require ongoing access to restricted areas in the course of their employment; or
(b) knowingly sponsor an employee for more than one restricted area identity card at a time.
Marginal note:Issuance of multiple cards
305 The operator of an aerodrome must not issue more than one restricted area identity card at a time to a person.
Marginal note:Replacement of cards
306 Before replacing a lost, stolen or non-functional restricted area identity card, the operator of an aerodrome must ensure that
(a) the person applying for the replacement card is the person to whom the lost, stolen or non-functional card has been issued; and
(b) the person still has a security clearance.
Marginal note:Requirement to inform
307 Before collecting information from an applicant under this Division, the operator of an aerodrome must bring to the applicant’s attention the purposes for which the information is collected and the manner in which the information will be used, retained, disclosed and destroyed.
Marginal note:Collection of information
Marginal note:Destruction of images and templates
(2) The operator of the aerodrome must, immediately after issuing the restricted area identity card, destroy all fingerprint images and iris images that the operator collected from the applicant and any biometric template created from those images that is not stored on the card.
Marginal note:Quality control
309 For the purpose of allowing CATSA to monitor the quality of biometric templates and determining if a restricted area identity card is already active in respect of an applicant, the operator of an aerodrome must, before issuing the card, disclose to CATSA any biometric templates created from the fingerprint images and iris images collected from the applicant.
Marginal note:Protection of information
310 The operator of an aerodrome must take appropriate measures to protect information that is collected, used, retained or disclosed in accordance with this Division from loss or theft and from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, duplication or alteration.
- Date modified: