Point Pelee National Park
5. to 13 [Repealed, SOR/91-421, s. 3]
Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
13.1 (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (5), the superintendent of the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve may issue a hunting permit, on application therefor, to the person named in the application permitting that person to hunt Eider and Oldsquaw duck within the boundaries of that Reserve during the open season set out for those species in that area in the Migratory Birds Regulations.
(2) No person is eligible for a hunting permit unless that person
(3) No person shall hunt for duck unless the person is the holder and is in possession of a hunting permit issued under subsection (1).
(4) The superintendent may specify, in the hunting permit
(a) the period of time for which the permit is valid;
(b) the locations in the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve where the hunting of duck may take place; and
(c) such other conditions as are necessary to ensure public safety and the protection of resources in the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve.
(4.1) [Repealed, SOR/2009-322, s. 18]
(5) The holder of a hunting permit may hunt Eider and Oldsquaw duck
(6) This section does not apply to any aboriginal peoples who have existing aboriginal or treaty rights to hunt in the lands constituting the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve.
- SOR/84-874, s. 2
- SOR/88-40, s. 4
- SOR/92-441, ss. 3, 4(E)
- SOR/97-102, s. 4
- SOR/2009-322, s. 18
14 [Repealed, SOR/97-102, s. 5]
Powers of Superintendent
(2) [Repealed, SOR/97-102, s. 7]
- SOR/91-421, s. 4
- SOR/97-102, ss. 7, 11(E)
- SOR/2018-250, s. 21(E)
16 (1) A superintendent may, where it is necessary for the protection, conservation or management of the wildlife in a park, by notice in writing, prohibit the possession of firearms or other devices for capturing or destroying wildlife during specified periods and in specified areas of a park.
(2) A notice of prohibition issued pursuant to subsection (1) shall be posted at
(3) A notice posted in accordance with subsection (2) shall contain
- SOR/88-40, s. 5
- SOR/91-421, s. 5(E)
- SOR/97-102, s. 11(E)
17 [Repealed, SOR/88-40, s. 5]
18 Where a notice is posted pursuant to section 16, no person shall be in possession of a firearm in the area described in the notice during the time the notice is in effect.
19 No person shall use a dog for the purpose of hunting wildlife.
- SOR/91-421, s. 6
20 (1) No person shall be in possession of a firearm in a park unless the firearm is not loaded and is transported in a case or is wrapped and tied securely in such a manner that no part of the firearm is exposed.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to
(3) No person shall
(4) The superintendent may issue a permit authorizing a person to carry a firearm or trap where the firearm or trap is to be carried through the park for use outside the park.
(5) No person shall carry a firearm or trap outside a vehicle, vessel or aircraft unless
(a) that person
(b) the firearm or trap is being carried directly
(6) No person, other than a bonded armoured car service guard in the performance of that person’s duties in a park, shall discharge a firearm, except on a rifle range or when shooting wild ducks in the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve in accordance with these Regulations.
(7) No person shall possess a firearm or other device for capturing or destroying wildlife in Kejimkujik, La Mauricie or Point Pelee National Parks, or in Forillon National Park except when traversing the park along Highway 132, unless the person has been authorized under paragraph 15(1)(a) to remove, relocate or destroy wildlife.
- SOR/82-463, s. 1(F)
- SOR/84-874, s. 3
- SOR/88-40, ss. 6, 7(F)
- SOR/91-421, s. 7
- SOR/92-441, s. 4(E)
- SOR/97-102, s. 8
21 Every person who is in possession of a firearm or trap shall, on the request of a park warden or other peace officer, allow the park warden or peace officer to inspect
- SOR/97-102, s. 9(E)
22 Every person acting as a guide for any individual or group carrying firearms or traps shall ensure that they are carried in accordance with these Regulations.
23 No person shall possess any poison, poisonous substance, gas, narcotic or drug that can be used for the purpose of capturing, injuring or killing wildlife.
- SOR/97-102, s. 10
24 No person shall by radio, telephone, walkie-talkie or any other means communicate the location of wildlife within a park to any other person within or outside a park if either of the persons is hunting.
25 No person shall sell or offer for sale in a park any firearm or trap.
- Date modified: