PART VTariffs (continued)
DIVISION IIInternational (continued)
Suspensions and Disallowances
129 (1) Where any provision of a tariff is suspended or disallowed by the Agency, the issuing air carrier or its agent shall immediately file with the Agency an appropriate tariff, to become effective not less than one working day after the date of filing, that restores the provision replaced by the suspended or disallowed provision.
(2) If the Agency rescinds an order of suspension or disallowance, the issuing air carrier or its agent may file a tariff or portion of a tariff that puts into effect the suspended or disallowed tariff provision and cancels any provision restored in consequence of that order, to become effective not less than one working day after the date of filing but not earlier than the originally proposed effective date of the suspended or disallowed provision.
(3) Where any provision of a tariff is suspended or disallowed by direction of the competent authorities of a foreign state, or the suspension or disallowance has been rescinded or the cancellation of the suspended or disallowed provision has been directed by those authorities, the issuing air carrier or agent may comply with their decision in accordance with such regulations of the competent authorities as may be pertinent.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/96-335, s. 70]
- SOR/93-253, s. 2
- SOR/96-335, s. 70
- SOR/2017-19, s. 10
Changes in Tariffs
130 (1) Except where a toll is disallowed or a new toll is substituted by the Agency, no toll may be changed unless the tariff or amendment in which it is set out is filed within the appropriate time limit set out in section 115.
(2) Every tariff or toll may bear an expiry date.
(3) Any amendment to the expiry date of a tariff after the date of its publication shall be made in accordance with section 115.
- SOR/96-335, s. 71
Terms and Conditions of Tariffs
131 (1) A separate tariff containing terms and conditions to which another tariff is subject may be filed under a CTA(A) number and those terms and conditions may be made part of that other tariff by making reference therein to the separate tariff by its CTA(A) number.
(2) Where a toll tariff is subject to terms and conditions in a separate tariff, all air carriers that participate in the toll tariff shall be shown as participating air carriers in that separate tariff.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F)
- SOR/96-335, s. 72
(2) Routings may be published in the tariff containing the tolls respecting them or, if reference thereto by CTA(A) number is made in the tariff containing the tolls, in a separate tariff designated as a routing guide.
(3) A routing guide, when published, shall be filed with the Agency under a CTA(A) number by the issuing air carrier or agent.
(4) A routing guide shall indicate on the title page that
(a) the routes provided in the guide may be used only in connection with tolls made subject to the guide by making reference, by CTA(A) number, to the tariffs containing those tolls; and
(b) the use of the guide in connection with any tariff is restricted to such air carriers and such application of the guide as are indicated in that tariff.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F)
- SOR/96-335, s. 73
(a) where a specific tariff of an issuing air carrier or agent is concurred in, a certificate of specific concurrence prepared in the form set out in Schedule V;
(b) where a concurrence is to be limited in scope, a certificate of limited concurrence prepared in the form set out in Schedule VI; or
(c) where all tariffs of an issuing carrier or agent are to be concurred in, a certificate of general concurrence prepared in the form set out in Schedule VII.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations, every tariff concurred in by a specific, limited or general concurrence shall make reference to the appropriate serial number and prefix against the name of the concurring air carrier in the tariff.
(3) Every tariff published pursuant to a limited or a specific concurrence shall conform to the terms of the concurrence indicated in the certificate prepared in the form set out in Schedule V or VI.
(4) A certificate of concurrence filed with the Agency may be revoked by filing a new certificate of concurrence in its place or by sending a notice of revocation to the Agency.
(5) The revocation of a certificate of concurrence shall take effect not less than 60 days after the Agency receives notice of the revocation.
(6) Every notice of revocation of a certificate of concurrence shall be prepared in the form set out in Schedule VIII and filed with the Agency.
(7) Where a certificate of concurrence is revoked and the notice of revocation is not disallowed by the Agency, an amendment of every tariff affected by the revocation shall be filed with the Agency in accordance with section 115 no later than the effective date of the revocation.
(8) Where a tariff is not amended in accordance with subsection (7),
(a) the tolls in the tariff remain applicable and the carrier that revoked its concurrence is thereafter entitled to receive its local tolls;
(b) where the tariff is published by an air carrier, that air carrier will be held liable to the carrier that revoked the concurrence for the difference between the tolls in the unamended tariff and those that would have existed had the tariff been amended in accordance with the revocation of concurrence; and
(c) where the tariff was published by an agent, the other air carriers whose combined routings form the joint route will be held responsible for such difference in tolls.
(9) Where a tariff of an air carrier or agent not subject to the jurisdiction of the Agency is filed with the Agency and a non-concurring air carrier participates therein, the said tariff shall be effective and the tolls, the terms and conditions therein applicable unless the non-concurring air carrier has applied for and received an order from the Agency disallowing the tariff.
(10) Where two or more agents each file the same joint tariff, no mailing of a copy of a certificate of concurrence to each group of air carriers for whom each agent acts as attorney is required.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2
- SOR/96-335, s. 74(E)
- SOR/2017-19, s. 11
Powers of Attorney
(2) Where an air carrier publishes tariffs through another air carrier or a corporation that is not an air carrier, the issuing carrier shall first file with the Agency a power of attorney in the form set out in Schedule X.
(3) Where two or more air carriers appoint the same agent, separate powers of attorney are required from those air carriers.
(4) Powers of attorney issued to two or more air carriers or other agents shall not result in the publication of duplicate or conflicting tariffs.
(5) A power of attorney may be cancelled by the substitution therefor of a new power of attorney expressly cancelling the power of attorney in force or by notice of revocation in the form set out in Schedule XI.
(6) A new power of attorney or notice of revocation shall be filed with the Agency at least 60 days before it becomes effective.
(7) A substitution or revocation that cancels a power of attorney and to which an agent has not given effect by modification of the tariff affected thereby shall not be taken into account by the Agency unless the air carrier has applied to and received from the Agency an order disallowing that tariff.
(8) Every agent’s tariff shall show the name of the air carrier for whom the agent acts, together with the serial number of the power of attorney authorizing the agent to publish and file tariffs for that carrier.
(9) Every agent’s tariff applicable jointly between or from points that air carriers are authorized to serve shall be filed by each agent in that agent’s own CTA(A) series unless all the air carriers appoint the same agent.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F)
- SOR/96-335, s. 75
135 (1) Where an air carrier, in this section called an “adopted carrier”, changes its name or transfers the control of its operations, any other air carrier, in this section called an “adopting carrier”, that adopts the tariffs, concurrences therein, supplements and modifications thereof or other documents of the adopted carrier shall
(a) file with the Agency an adoption notice in the form set out in Schedule XII;
(b) file a power of attorney if the agent of the adopted carrier or a new agent is being appointed;
(c) make to every tariff referred to in the adoption notice such an amendment as to indicate the CTA(A) number of the adoption notice and, expressly, the fact that the tariff, including any amendment thereto, has become the tariff of the adopting carrier pursuant to the notice; and
(d) where the tariff to be amended is on paper, insert the adoption notice in the tariff on a page that remains in effect until the tariff is cancelled or amended in such manner as to remove any reference to the adopted carrier.
(2) Every supplement to a tariff of an adopted carrier that an adopting carrier publishes after the supplement referred to in paragraph (1)(d) shall
(3) Where a tariff in which an adopted carrier is named as a participant is published by other air carriers or agents, the tariff shall be amended to substitute for the name of that carrier, in the first supplement published by those air carriers or agents after the adoption takes effect, the name of the adopting carrier, and the supplement of the amended tariff shall include a provision to the effect that the adopting carrier, by its adoption notice, indicated by a CTA(A) number in that provision, has taken over the tariffs of that participant and that the name of the adopting carrier is substituted for the name of that participant, wherever it appears in the tariff, effective on the date of the adoption.
(4) Where a tariff on paper is amended in accordance with subsection (3), the substitution clause shall remain in effect until the tariff is cancelled or until all necessary amendments to the tariff have been effected to remove all references to the adopted carrier.
(5) Powers of attorney and certificates of concurrence adopted by an adopting carrier shall be replaced within 120 days by new powers of attorney and certificates of concurrence of that carrier, in which reference shall be made to the cancellation of the documents of the adopted carrier.
(6) [Repealed, SOR/96-335, s. 76]
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F)
- SOR/96-335, s. 76
- Date modified: